Posted Date: Oct-22-2019
Job ID: 16077
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by overseeing the balancing and posting of corporate financial data into the General Ledger in a timely and accurate manner. Analyzes and reconciles more complex general ledger account balances. Researches and posts account corrections in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal account definitions. This position must have an excellent understanding of the technical and financial implications of the associated processes and can identify and resolve problems independently. Participates in cross divisional general accounting projects. Initiates, develops, and implements process improvements. Provides functional advice or training to General Accountants I and II as needed. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Oversees the balancing and posting of corporate financial data from multiple systems into the General Ledger in an accurate and timely manner
- Solid understanding of internal controls related to accounting and reporting. Proactive in ensuring adequate internal controls within accounting and working with other functions to ensure adequate controls exist for processes that impact accounting
- Identify control weaknesses and inefficient processes; initiates, develops, and implements process improvements
- Analyzes and reconciles more complex Balance Sheet accounts, identifying and resolving discrepant items
- Accountable for reconciling and posting complex accounting transactions
- Researches questions about financial information, and posts correcting entries in accordance with GAAP and internal account definitions.
- Contact and resource for auditors; provides audit schedules, account reconciliations, and supporting documentation
- Trains, coaches, and provides guidance to General Accountants I and II relating to more complex accounting processes and reconciliations
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Thorough understanding of multiple financial systems
- Experience analyzing informational data in an ERP configured system
- Advanced use of Excel worksheets
- Firm understanding of how to apply GAAP to General Ledger accounting and the ability to coach and provide guidance to other accounting staff on more complex accounting principles
- Consistently demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive employee or company information
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer