Senior Administrative Assistant, Brand Stewardship & Impact
Posted Date: Apr-30-2019
Job ID: 14097
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by working collaboratively to support REI’s Brand Stewardship & Impact division. The role works closely with divisional directors to provide accurate, timely, and proactive administrative services. This position contributes to a fast-paced, smoothly run organization by utilizing effective communication, teamwork, organizational skills, accuracy, creativity, innovation, and productivity. This position also provides focused support and knowledge to the broader BSI division. Responsibilities require working independently, maintaining confidentiality, and using good judgment while providing operational, administrative, project, and office technology support with a minimum of direction. This position will perform other duties as assigned by the management team and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other administrative team members and their related sub-departments as needed. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Provides administrative, project, and office technology support to directors within assigned departments
- Arranges travel for multiple business leaders and tracks travel for their respective teams.
- Tracks and reconciles monthly budgets for multiple departments.
- Continuously manages Outlook calendars for multiple business leaders.
- Coordinates events and provides day-of logistical support.
- Prepares written materials for internal and external communications
- Provides editing support for assigned projects
- Prepares presentations and assists in building agendas and meeting materials, including for divisional All Hands
- Coordinates and supports activities such as office moves, IT support, and new hire onboarding
- Effectively represents REI with internal and external company contacts
- Tracks and reconciles monthly spending for assigned departments
- Identifies cost savings opportunities and participates in budget management
- Orders and stocks office supplies for the division
- Pursues process improvements to reduce resource time
- Co-leads divisional safety committee and plans periodic camp outings
- Troubleshoots software issues and acts as liaison to the IT Department
- Provides overflow and backup support to other administrative team members
- Executes additional projects as assigned by management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years administrative experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Experience with Microsoft OneNote, Project, Visio, and Access.
- Able to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues.
- Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone.
- Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times.
- Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizes and staffs shared divisional initiatives
- Able to create consumer-facing PowerPoint presentations and visual displays
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works intelligently by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer