Senior Administrative Assistant - Co-op Brands
Posted Date: Feb- 1-2019
Job ID: 13139
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The REI Co-op Brands Team is looking for a talented, self-motivated administrative professional to support two General Managers on a fast-pasted, dynamic team and be an active member of the larger administrative staff. The role requires a strong multitasker who can perform a variety of administrative duties while also managing frequent cross-functional interactions and deliverables. This position will perform other duties as assigned and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for the divisions Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well and at all levels, manage multiple priorities and manage their time efficiently, while modeling and acting in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Provide a high level strategic, focused support to key leaders and prioritizing their needs
- Understand the Co-op’s business and how the team’s priorities fit into the larger Co-op business goals
- Proactive – take the initiative is support of the team’s needs
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the support role
- Maintain a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Manage logistics travel, meetings, activities and teleconferences for senior leaders
- Process senior leaders’ expense reports
- May run errands for business reasons as necessary
- May plans and executes team travel, team events and meetings for sub-departments
- Prepares presentations and assists in building agendas and meeting materials
- Coordinates and supports activities such as office moves, IT support, budget reconciliation, new hire on-boarding
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3 -5 years administrative experience in a fast-pasted environment
- Expert experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research
- Experience with Mac
- Experience with project site design and maintenance (e.g. SharePoint)
- Experience with HTML, Visio, and Access a plus
- Experience with high level calendar management for senior leaders
- Can effectively troubleshoot office technology issues.
- Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy always
- Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
Why you'll love it here
When you work at REI, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to make a difference. We value those who share our passion for the outdoors and believe in the power of change. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, curious and enthusiastic people.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer