Senior Administrative Assistant - Merchandising
Posted Date: Sep- 3-2019
Job ID: 15543
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As a Senior Administrative Assistant at REI you will work collaboratively with the administrative team to support Merchandising’s goals and initiatives, as well as working closely with the directors and managers in supporting assigned sub-departments with accurate, timely and proactive administrative services. This position contributes to a fast-paced, smoothly run organization by utilizing effective communication, teamwork, organizational skills, accuracy, creativity, innovation, and productivity. This position will provide a level of focused support and knowledge to specific sub-departments as assigned. Responsibilities in this area require working independently, maintaining confidentiality, and using good judgment while providing operational, administrative, project, and office technology support with a minimum of direction. This position will perform other duties as assigned by the management team, and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other Administrative team members and their related sub-departments as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years administrative experience
- Expert experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research.
- Experience with project site design and maintenance (e.g. SharePoint)
- Experience with HTML, Visio, and Access a plus
- Is able to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues.
- Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times
- Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer