Senior Administrative Assistant - Merchandising
Posted Date: Feb-23-2021
Job ID: 19300
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by working collaboratively with the administrative team to support the department’s goals and initiatives, as well as working closely with the directors and managers in supporting assigned sub-departments with accurate, timely and proactive administrative services. This position contributes to a fast-paced, smoothly run organization by utilizing effective communication, teamwork, organizational skills, accuracy, creativity, innovation, and productivity. This position will provide a level of focused support and knowledge to specific sub-departments as assigned. Responsibilities in this area require working independently, maintaining confidentiality, and using good judgment while providing operational, administrative, project, and office technology support with a minimum of direction. This position will perform other duties as assigned by the management team, and will work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other Administrative team members and their related sub-departments as needed. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Provides administrative, project, and office technology support to divisional vice presidents, directors and managers within assigned sub-departments
- Manages calendaring functions for vice presidents, directors and managers
- Expert user in workplace productivity tools focusing on Microsoft Office products
- Plans and executes team travel, team events and meetings for sub-departments
- Prepares presentations and assists in building agendas and meeting materials
- Coordinates and supports activities such as office moves, IT support, budget reconciliation, new hire onboarding
- Ability to effectively interact and represent REI with internal and external company contacts
- Reconciles and tracks financial reports and spending
- Identifies savings opportunities and participates in budget management when appropriate
- Pursues process improvements to reduce resource time
- Troubleshoots PC/software issues and acts as liaison to the IT Department
- Provides overflow and backup support to other Administrative team members
- Executes special projects as assigned by management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years administrative experience
- Expert experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research.
- Experience with project site design and maintenance (e.g. Sharepoint).
- Experience with HTML, Visio, and Access a plus.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues preferred.
- Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone. Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times.
- Works independently within scope of responsibilities, anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer