Senior Analyst - Adventure Travel
Posted Date: Apr-12-2019
Job ID: 13602
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Travel & Adventure
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
In this role, you will contribute to REI’s success by applying statistics-based intelligence to complex Experiences’ business problems and developing recommendations to optimize business results and customer experience. You will work with Experience Leadership, Finance, and cross-divisional analytics partners to inform the most profound decisions within the Experience business. You will create and maintain complex dashboards, standard and ad-hoc reports, and other end-user resources to assist leadership in the understanding of customer behavior, demographics, and lifecycle. You will collaborate with cross-divisional analytics teams to develop work products to drive Co-Op decisions and products. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external data sources to provide insights and recommendations to decision-makers.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in data sets to locate influences.
- Creates specifications for reports, dashboards, and analysis based on business needs.
- Provides consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Provides leadership with tools, reporting, and insight that allows the business to inspect, project and adjust to trends.
- Scopes, plans and completes discrete business analysis and modeling projects to inform critical aspects of REI’s Experience strategy – (e.g. Off-price, Price Sensitivity, Assortment Breadth/Depth, Inventory, Competitive Analysis, etc.)
- Works with Marketing, Digital Analytics, Business Insights/Customer Insights to elevate a profound understanding of the Experiences business.
- Presents and communicates results of analysis in a manner consistent with the target audience, including cross-divisional partners and senior leadership.
- Creates formal networks with analytic functions across the Co-Op for coordination, ensuring relevant data and findings are shared and the information is incorporated into future work.
- Stays current on emerging market trends.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field, business, psychology or marketing-related major. Advanced Degree may replace experience requirements.
- 5+ years' of related analytics experience across multiple functions.
- 3+ years' experience in extraction and manipulation (SQL experience required - passing assessment score required) of both structured and unstructured data.
- 3+ years' experience with visualization programs (Tableau required OR PowerBi experience considered) and knowledge of data preparation across multiples data sources and writing advanced calculations to best interpret results.
- Strong business acumen, thorough knowledge of the principles and best practices within an analytical domain, in additional to experience across other analytic domain applications.
- Ability to translate complex issues to an unfamiliar audience with the ability to influence senior leaders in the organization. Experience delivering insights to an executive audience and influencing strategic decision making.
- Strong analytical background within the Salesforce environment.
- Strong interpersonal capacity to bring groups together, align on problem statements and leverage the collective skills of the team to bring the best insights to decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to take a discrete business problem, complete the analysis and present recommendations that are executive-friendly.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer