Senior Analyst, Product Integrity
Posted Date: Oct-17-2018
Job ID: 12381
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading the discovery, investigation, analysis, and resolve of quality-related issues affecting all products sold by REI. Works directly with vendors and cross-divisional partners to develop and execute solutions for identified product issues that serve in the best interest of our members and balance disruption/cost along with business exposure. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Ownership and active management of the REI Co-op Non-Conformity Tool. Managing process, education/training and performance across all key stakeholders (retail store base/merchandising/vendor ops/legal/DC/customer service).
- Investigate/validate scope of all product quality issues identified. Lead creation/execution of actions with appropriate alignment across key internal cross-divisional partners (e.g. Merchandising, S&CS, DC Vendor Returns, DC Operations, Retail Stores, Retail Operations, Co-op Brands, Packaging, Legal, etc.)
- Active engagement direct with brands/vendors to develop/implement a solution that supports a sense of urgency and acts in the best interest of REI’s business as well as its members.
- Proactively communicate and engage with appropriate internal and external key stakeholders to ensure active awareness in order to minimize any member/business exposure.
- Align planned actions and response to quality related issues with key leadership, including any financial implications (if relevant).
- As solution requires, collaborate closely with the vendor, engage on site at the DC, leverage temporary support staff, or local jobbers to execute the support required to address the product issue.
- Actively communicate regular status updates to keep business partners informed on status of issues.
- Own and manage oversight/process for Merchandising Product Return Requests that relate to product non-conforming issues.
- Develop SOPs, train and lead procedures across all key stakeholders with respect to product non-conforming issues and actions for support.
- Continue to improve current non-conformity tools and tracking reports to better capture data and improve quality feed-back loop. Capture and track all costs impacted, to include lost sales, labor costs, parts, packaging, hangtags, and any other dollar impacts caused by the issue.
- Document and communicate all corrective actions, reports resolutions and negotiates vendor non-compliance/labor fees. Identify and build reporting to bring transparency to appropriate KPIs.
- Analyze available product performance indicators, including product returns data and research results, to recommend opportunities across vendors as well as all stakeholders to improve quality of product and efficiency/effectiveness of processes and systems.
- Maintain an understanding of REI’s sustainability goals to proactively reduce environmental impacts associated with product quality efforts and projects. This work will be conducted in collaboration with the Product Sustainability Analyst.
Bring your passion and expertise
- +5 years’ experience in project management, or other cross-divisional business functions
- 3 + years Experience working in Product Compliance or related field.
- Excellent analytical skills, proven ability to grasp and anticipate issues and implement multi-level solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and with outside parties including governmental entities and suppliers.
- Excel at communicating and navigating challenging situations. Well-developed social skills with a high sense of diplomacy without compromising integrity.
- Must be a resilient rapid decision maker with a very positive attitude. A partner to solutions focused on the end goal.
- A developed investigative mind experienced in getting to the bottom of issues, resourceful and creative in solution development balancing best interest of the business and our members.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: commitment, integrity, accountability, and responsibility, ability to foster teamwork within formal team settings and among informal networks.
- Proven ability to work independently is critical to success and employ the involvement of others to identify, analyze and objectively problem solve promptly and meticulously.
- Ability to negotiate resolution firmly, inclusively, positively, and diplomatically on REI’s behalf.
- Competent with MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc.) Experience using both SAP and WM to research and manage product inventory, movement, etc. is preferred.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in-order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of creative, passionate people who love the outdoors. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work to create amazing products and brand experiences exclusively for REI’s customers.
We’re passionate about delivering compelling, meaningful products in the market. Whether it’s heading out for a weekend of backpacking, a long bike ride or just a walk in the rain. We are guided by our values of authenticity, quality, services, respect, integrity and balance. By joining the REI Private Brands team, you have the opportunity to make a difference, be challenged to create excellence and enrich our creative community.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer