Senior Asset Protection Specialist - Denver
Posted Date: Mar- 4-2019
Job ID: 13386
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Asset Protection
What's cool about this job
As the Sr. Retail Asset Protection Specialist, you’ll be directly responsible for driving asset protection awareness in the store, conducting internal and external investigations, and ensure inventory accuracy and data integrity.
The Sr. Retail Asset Protection Specialist contributes to REI's success through the following:
- Develops and compiles documentation related to comprehensive investigations into a variety of risk or loss situations within the retail store.
- Coordinates law enforcement activity and compiles case files for prosecuting attorneys; works closely with law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys monitoring progress and providing additional information and data in support of law enforcement investigations and cases.
- When requested by HQ Asset Protection or the Legal Department, represents REI in court.
- Monitors and assesses physical security of home retail store and works with HQ Asset Protection on any issues of security.
- Administers Asset Protection training program for home store to build Asset Protection capacity and expertise among store management and staff.
- Support market stores with Asset Protection services, when directed by HQ Asset Protection.
- Adheres to REI’s and HQ Asset Protection’s policies and procedures and ensures that such policies and procedures are implemented throughout the store.
- Collaborates with HQ Asset Protection and the store managers to establish and deepen the understanding and support of in-store Asset Protection activities.
- Participates in periodic training and subject matter updates provided by HQ Asset Protection.
- Provides evaluations of store specific Asset Protection strengths and opportunities.
- Provides consistent reporting to HQ Asset Protection on opportunities and ideas for enhancement of Asset Protection activities and outcomes in the store.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum of 3 years fraud research and security experience, including CCTV usage, in a retail store setting with a national brand (or equivalent experience).
- Knowledge of local laws on theft, shoplifting and apprehension.
- Ability to apply effective analytical and critical thinking skills, solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey knowledge, information, and skills to others through in-person and virtual sessions.
- Experience with PC applications, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Why you'll love it here
Be part of a newly growing evolving asset protection department from the ground up! Bring your expertise and be part of team that is creating new and exciting asset protection programs across REI.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer