Senior Business Analyst - Co-op Brands (One Year Limited Term)
Posted Date: Mar- 7-2019
Job ID: 13428
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Co-op Brands Sr. Business Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing strategic insights and recommendations to effect data-driven decisions. This position is responsible for the creation of tools to aid in quantitative analytics, and business case development. The Co-op Brands Sr. Business Analyst uses their strong quantitative research skills and solid knowledge of product and merchandising principles to derive insights about our consumers, brand, and industry and future opportunities. Primary responsibilities include developing and analyzing primary and secondary research projects, database mining using SQL, building tools and analysis in Excel, Tableau, interpreting multiple sources of data to develop a strong point of view (e.g., white papers), and advising other members of the team. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Work independently to define and create a quantitative analysis suite of tools and reporting for consumer, market data and Co-op Brands data.
- Ability to analyze data across multiple data sets, interpret data into insights, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Able to create repeatable financial and business case models for new business opportunities and what if scenarios.
- Engages in quantitative analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems to deliver actionable output.
- Performs analysis to support new Co-op Brands initiatives and to improve effectiveness of existing programs.
- Accountable to include customer insights data in analysis and interpret this data to improve business outcomes.
- Presents and communicates results of data mining efforts in a manner consistent with the target audience.
- Analyzes and mines multiple data sources to select statistically valid data samples, builds, tests, and implements statistical and financial models.
- Ad-hoc analysis as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- Four year college degree preferred. Degree in marketing research, business math, statistics, finance or data science preferred
- 5+ years analytics experience
- Merchandising or retail experience; understands buying, merchandising financial planning, assortment planning, pricing, clustering etc
- Proficient in mining for data, writing SQL
- Expert in building toolsets to present data in excel and tableau
- Experience or familiarity with top analytical tool suites from SAP, Oracle, IBM, etc
- Independently diagnose business needs and build analytical tools to aid in decision making
- Must be able to provide executive summary, clearly present important decisions making information separately from the data
- Must be capable of informing and influencing others through data analysis
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Advanced knowledge/use of business-related PC applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; independent thinker who is naturally inquisitive
- Flexible in viewpoints in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of product centric, passionate people who firmly believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work motivated to create amazing gear that enable outdoor experiences for our members.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer