Senior Business Analyst – IT Core Infrastructure
Posted Date: Sep-25-2019
Job ID: 15713
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This Senior Business Analyst contributes to REI’s success by informing strategic decisions and plans using empirical data and systems thinking. This position will work collaboratively across REI to support our IT strategic objectives.
This role works closely with IT and internal business customers to facilitate discussions with the goal of understanding business needs/outcomes and turning them into clear requirements. Once the requirements are captured, the Senior Business Analyst will work closely with stakeholders to help produce the best solution(s) for our customers. It is important that our Business Analysts have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi-task and are well versed in the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Assess, research, analyze and document customer sponsor/stakeholder requirements.
- Identify and analyze customer business challenges, problems and processes.
- Be a part of all aspects of projects, including documentation of requirements, analysis/research gathering, documenting and updating business requirements and user stories; reviewing workflow process mapping; developing test cases and working with project members to execute test plans, and implementing recommendations.
- Identify issues/roadblocks and escalate/manage resolution as required.
- Document As-Is and To-Be process flows and help identify gaps.
- Coordinate and provide support to brainstorming sessions, POC’s and solution implementations.
- Support the creation and management of project documentation (implementation plan, issues log, process maps, etc.)
- Support Department demand intake process and annual planning exercise where appropriate.
- Work closely with stakeholders in planning, documenting, executing, controlling and closing out project phases.
- Work closely with BA’s, Project Manager’s and team members to develop, measure and communicate KPI’s & metrics.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years technology focused Business Analysts experience on large scale programs or portfolios
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Management or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Able to create compelling business cases which express business need, communicate proposed project benefits and demonstrate business impacts
- Demonstrated ability in the facilitation, identification, validation, documentation prioritization and management of business requirements (use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.)
- Able to manage deadlines
- Must be able to identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Must be delivery focused with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Must be technically savvy and able to work with technical people.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Scrum/Agile experience a Plus!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer