Posted Date: Nov-18-2019
Job ID: 15677
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The REI Co-op is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our creative team and help us change the world. It’s a bold statement, yes. But here at the co-op we truly believe that the simple act of connecting people to the outdoors will change their life for the better.
If this sounds good to you, and you’re a thoughtful and experienced copywriter who excels at developing and expressing ideas across all modern methods, then we’d love to talk to you. We’re huge fans of beautiful minds who are team players, and who work collaboratively and effectively in a high-performance creative environment. For this senior creative position, we’re seeking a talent able to span from new idea and concept generation to writing the perfect tweet.
We’d expect to see great creative with a focus on advertising for large brands. Leadership in concept development, presentation and idea sell-though is a must. A love of the outdoors is good to have, but there’s no need to be able to climb a 5.11b or even to really know what that number means. We can teach you the outdoor stuff, but what we can’t teach you is how to write beautifully or how to craft and convey ideas that resonate with people’s souls. That’s up to you. And that’s what we need.
If you’re still interested, we love to hear from you.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Proven ability to concept and execute advertising campaigns across all channels for large brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in copywriting
- Advertising agency experience and an advertising portfolio are required
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work flexible schedules to meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and prioritize well
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation utilizing a proactive, team-oriented approach
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Continually upgrades outdoor knowledge, and stays abreast of industry and content trends, as well as company strategies and initiatives
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer