Senior Customer Analyst
Posted Date: Aug- 9-2019
Job ID: 15396
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Researches, analyzes and models customer data that will be used for developing and presenting customer insights to Co-op leadership and developing customer first go-to market strategies. Utilizes complex procedures to perform data mining on the REI customer data warehouse and prepares data to be visualized using Tableau, Alteryx, and/or other analytics tools. Extracts data from various sources, designs and constructs complex analyses, and communicates results and recommendations to Co-op executives and management. Possesses the ability to visualize complex insights into tangible stories that the Co-op can execute strategies and tactics.
- Independently engage in quantitative analysis on unique business problems, mine extensive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources, and deliver actionable insights
- Synthesize complex results and visualize the story very simply to both individual contributors and executives
- Perform analysis to support marketing initiatives to drive revenue, optimize costs, and improve customer engagement
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years experience in customer analytics, preferably with a multi-channel retailer
- 3+ years experience in ecommerce
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, business, or math
- Prior work experience in data mining using Tableau/Alteryx and querying large amounts of data from data warehouses using SQL
- Experience in customer analytics required, including customer lifetime valuation, cohort techniques, and equivalent
- Experience defining both customer and marketing metrics to best measure the performance of marketing campaigns and events
- Excellent understanding of concepts, functionality, and advanced application of Tableau
- Proven ability to perform in-depth data analysis and to report and present strategies and recommendations to business units
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Incredible comfort and skill communicating, written and verbal, with executive and management staff across marketing and the entire REI co-op
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Ability to independently set project goals, establish priorities, and planning appropriately to meet and exceed expectations
- Ability to collaborate across the Customer Insights team and the Co-op
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer