Senior Customer Insights Analyst
Posted Date: Jun-23-2021
Job ID: 20279
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At REI Co-op, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. As a Senior Customer Insights Analyst at REI, you will have the opportunity to shape the product and experience strategies that help our members get outside. You will partner with merchants, marketers, and other key stakeholders to identify growth opportunities and develop plans to bring them to life. Come join a growing advanced analytics team and learn firsthand how the Co-op's people, culture and values make it a great place to work!
This role contributes to REI’s success by developing customer centric product and activity roadmaps for strategic planning and execution. You will partner closely with Strategy, Merchandise, Finance and Operations to quantify opportunities and create business models. This role will transform data from a variety of internal and external sources (including customer research), build coherent frameworks for creating insight and facilitate understanding across the organization.
- Presents findings and visualizes data to a wide range of stakeholders. Effectively communicates data driven stories illustrating simple solutions to complex business problems.
- Develops simple, scalable ways of identifying growth opportunities. Combine analytical rigor with a deep understanding of REI capabilities to prioritize opportunities and outline actionable levers.
- Creates and implements measurement strategies for tracking progress against opportunities
- Evangelizes data and customer driven decision making. Drives data and analytical literacy with partners
- Designs and builds self-service analytical tools to make insights accessible to a broad range of business partners
- Extracts data from various sources and builds performant datasets in partnership with our Data Engineers and Business Intelligence Engineering team. Is a critical input into future state analytics platforms.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years experience in analytics, preferably with a multi-channel retailer
- A solid business understanding and the proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results, and report and present strategies and make recommendations to senior management.
- Proven experience building alignment and structure from ambiguity
- Ability to independently set project goals, establish priorities, and planning appropriately to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong SQL proficiency, basic understanding of statistical methods and advanced application of data visualization.
- Dedication to quality and accuracy worthy of executive and board level audiences
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, business, or math. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer