Senior Financial Analyst
Posted Date: Oct-26-2018
Job ID: 12460
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing timely, convincing, relevant and technically sound financial analysis and recommendations that will assist end-users in evaluating corporate performance and support decision making. The Analyst provides this support to senior management, retail, support center and distribution center managers and supervisors through performing financial analysis, management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting and leading special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to work independently with the Division they support, representing the Finance Department as a subject matter expert
- Owns the set-up, creation and execution of strategic planning, annual budgeting, and intra-year forecasting processes and tools for assigned divisions. Strives to continuously improve processes, tools and systems.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify best practices for expense tracking and what metrics should be measured; instills focus on forecast accuracy and financial discipline
- Owns monthly reporting for assigned departments, to explain P&L variances and drive more accurate forecasting
- Responsible for regular co-op reporting for assigned divisions including Board Packets, Business Reviews, and key operational dashboards
- Analyzes operational and investment performance versus expectations and makes recommendations for improvement
- Drives proactive ad-hoc financial analysis and modeling by identifying what information is needed, where the data can be found and how it should be compiled and analyzed; is comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to senior management
- Experience with Marketing related expense management and Program spend ROI a plus
- Experience with a Co-Brand card and Gift Card programs a plus
- Daily work and decisions are guided by co-op policies, procedures and business plan, with minimal guidance from Manager
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related experience in accounting/finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or similar
- MBA or similar certification
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems
- Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior level management in a clear & concise format
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks & meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently without much supervision and as an effective team leader
- Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced PC experience working with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Essbase, SAP, and/or equivalent planning and ERP systems
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer