Senior Financial Analyst
Posted Date: Mar- 5-2019
Job ID: 13686
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing timely, convincing, relevant and technically sound financial analysis and recommendations that will assist end-users in evaluating corporate performance and support decision making. The Analyst provides this support to all levels of management in the Technology (IT) and Finance Organizations through performing financial analysis, management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting and leading special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to work independently with the Division they support, representing the Finance Department as a subject matter expert.
- Partners closely with the IT Management team in the planning, development, and execution of financial objectives with focus on project related costs
- Drives proactive ad-hoc financial analysis by identifying what information is needed, where the data can be found and how it should be compiled, analyzed & presented
- Owns the set-up, creation and execution of strategic planning, budgeting, and subsequent intra-year forecasting of processes and tools
- Produces budget justification analysis utilized by the Leadership Team to review, prioritize and make decisions on the proposed operating budget
- Identifies financial impact of strategic objectives, which are factored into the IT Teams five-year strategic plan
- Compiles monthly reporting that explains business drivers and P&L variances
- Produces profitability analysis for proposed new investments and tracks the actual result versus the proforma
- Works with department managers to identify best practices for expense and capital tracking and what metrics should be measured; instills focus on forecast accuracy and financial discipline
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, providing data and explanations on processes flows
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related experience in accounting/finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or similar
- MBA or similar certification
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems
- Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior level management in a clear & concise format.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks & meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently without much supervision and as an effective team leader.
- Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced PC experience working with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Essbase, SAP, and/or equivalent planning and ERP systems
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer