Senior IT Engineer – Client/Collaboration
Posted Date: Jun-29-2018
Job ID: 10867
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
REI is searching for a Senior IT Engineer – Client/Collaboration with a strong background in Microsoft O365 suite, including: Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive and MS Teams. Beyond this the ideal candidate will have experience with client mobility (MDM & MAM), Client virtualization and strong customer services skills.
As the REI Senior IT Engineer – Client/Collaboration, you will take lead investigating, documenting and providing tier 3 support of new as well as current REI Client/Collaboration solutions.
- Work closely with Peers, Architects, Business Analysts and business users to develop and document clear requirements, designs, support strategies
- Partner with Business Analysts and Project Managers to provide technical guidance during project intake, planning and execution
- Clearly document/communicate issues, workarounds and resolutions to lower level support teams
- Provide Systems Administration of core Client/Collaboration solutions
- Work closely and collaboratively with peers in IT infrastructure, network, security and operations teams on proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, analysis, and incident support
- Work closely with 3rd party partners to ensure strong collaboration, communication and support
- Maintain excellent knowledge of current and emerging technologies to identify, develop opportunities for improved services
- Partner closely with 3rd party partners and internal peers to ensure cross team dependencies are well understood, documented and accounted for prior to production rollouts
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience supporting Microsoft O365 suite
- Experience migrating users from on-prem to cloud solutions
- Experience with VMware client virtualization (Horizon) technology
- Experience with mobile management tools “VMware Airwatch” and/or “Microsoft Intune” preferred
- Familiarity with non- Microsoft Collaboration Tools Slack, or Facebook for Business is a plus
- Solid understanding of Network (Lan/Wan/Wireless) and Security concepts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer’s and stakeholders of various levels of authority
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer