Senior IT Technical Project Manager
Posted Date: Feb-22-2019
Job ID: 13530
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
We are looking for a Senior IT Technical Project Manager to contribute to REI's success by planning, developing, managing and implementing medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year projects using a structured project management methodology. Projects will have both business and technology focus with emphasis on leading from front on automation and CI/CD initiatives with DevOps mindset. This role will also provide support for high level technical design and architecture for various key implementations.
• Initiates, plans, controls and implements medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year programs and projects utilizing REI’s project management practices
• Ensures overall deliverables are completed, including project charter, plan, schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, standards, contracts, risks and issues resolutions
• Plans projects in detail, develops and manages project budgets, organizes project teams and works with resource managers to coordinate and align resource needs
• Identifies, evaluates and proactively manages cross-project interdependencies
• Manages progress of efforts and communicates status to sponsors, stakeholders on a regular basis and to senior leadership as needed
• Participates in strategic roadmap planning and may facilitate and provide materials for portfolio review meetings
• Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
• Proactively identify opportunities and contribute to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies.
• May conduct technical walkthroughs with software engineers to ensure technical feasibility and standards across departments.
• Collaborates with operations support and other teams to ensure robust production operations
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years Project Management experience
• 5+ years’ experience managing IT projects with expertise on Devops and CD/CI tools for Java Platform
• 5+ years’ experience in Retail Systems, development and delivery (highly valued)
• Experience creating and executing implementation strategies for complex systems
• Strong relationship management skills and understanding of organizational change management
• Understanding of various delivery frameworks and practices (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc.) and appropriate application of them
• Ability to apply highly complex principles, theories and concepts of the technical discipline and provide solutions to a wide range of complex tasks, projects and problem
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer