Senior Manager, Supply Planning
Posted Date: Nov-18-2020
Job ID: 18687
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Greater Seattle Area
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Reporting to the Director of Supply Operations, this role contributes to REI’s success by optimizing the performance of the supply network through forecasting, capacity management, finished goods planning, and order management. Successful leadership requires the ability to establish a robust supply planning function leveraging product lifecycles, market opportunities, and demand to develop relevant supply models and strategies that unlock the benefits of being a vertical retailer and optimize service and full price sales.
- Evolve the supply planning function by building leading processes, systems, and tools while supporting the business in parallel.
- Lead a team responsible for optimizing the supply chain considering customer requirements, supplier capabilities, and in response to demand.
- Collaborate across functions to solve planning related issues, identify, and mitigate any potential delivery issues.
- Develop relationships with demand planning in order to understand demand changes, outlining possible consequences, and seeking to improve the quality of the forecasts.
- Partner with Merchandising Planning to establish a buy process and cadence to proactively control inventory flow and product availability.
- Drive supply scenarios which leverage the advantages of a vertical retailer to support changing market conditions. Optimize capacity and order flow, reduce inventory exposure, increase full price sales and minimize missed opportunities through speed, responsiveness, and cost optimization.
- Champion and incorporate new business processes such as Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) to tighten cross-functional awareness and alignment of progress against the business objectives and strategy.
- Build reporting and analytics strategy needed to make effective business decisions; guide the team in developing and building necessary tools and reports.
- Lead team to develop purchasing strategies that best support sales strategies and inventory targets.
- Work in coordination with Sourcing and Logistics to resolve purchase order problems to optimize on-time delivery.
- Manage material risk and liabilities to reduce overall impact to business.
- Create and drive supply chain programs supporting Co-op Brands’ strategies. Lead team to drive the implementation of supporting programs.
- Technical supply chain experience with passion for process improvement, fostering relationships, and leading through change.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Challenge and inspire employees to achieve business results.
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 8+ years’ related experience, preferably within apparel, footwear and gear industries.
- 8+ years’ experience leading a diverse team with proven leadership and talent development experience. Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, drive and inspire high-performing teams and develop talent for tomorrow
- Comfortable and experienced in driving change and working with ambiguity and a large degree of independence.
- Proven capability of operating with an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to challenge the status quo - always looking at improving product and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details.
- Experience in leading and designing business processes such as S&OP or Integrated Business Planning is preferred.
- Strong project management skills with proven experience in successfully driving major changes in processes/systems.
- Interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Experience with product inventory analysis, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and direct sales.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
- Influencing and negotiation experience/aptitude.
- Strong experience working with a leading supply planning solution such as Vanguard, JDA, i2, SAP, Manugistics, Logility. Hands-on implementation experience a plus.
- Strong capability in data retrieval, aggregation, and visualization tools - Tableau, Snowflake, Power BI, Business Objects
- Vertical consumer products planning experience.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer