Senior Product Manager - Impact, DE&I and Sustainability
Posted Date: Apr- 6-2021
Job ID: 19655
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Are you passionate about protecting our outdoor spaces and making the outdoors accessible to all? That’s our Impact team’s mission and obsession. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our new Impact digital team. As a Product Manager on our Digital Team, you’ll work closely with engineers, designers and others across the company to mobilize the largest community of outdoor lovers in the world to fight climate change and keep our outdoor spaces accessible to all. You’ll help us choose the right technology partners, build the right experiences and most importantly change the world for good. Do work that makes you proud every day.
Throughout its history, the co-op has committed itself to bringing people and nature closer together in pursuit of a life well lived. Our work has centered around a simple truth—that our connection to nature is necessary for the health, prosperity and social well-being of individuals and our communities. But our collective access to the outdoors is deeply inequitable and constantly under threat. Compounding these problems is the urgent and growing threat from climate change, which puts a life well lived in jeopardy for future generations.
At REI, we are committed to mobilizing our community to create change. Imagine what our community of millions could do if we worked together. Now help us make that future a reality.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communication with stakeholders.
- Assesses the value of opportunities and conducts product discovery.
- Ability to run multiple experiments, evaluate success based on clear outcomes, and scale and adjust as needed
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customer and how they will use a new capability, feature, or cross-channel service.
- Creates and maintains the product backlog for projects and ongoing programs that supports annual business plans and business goals.
- Prioritizes and sequences product backlog according to business value and ROI.
- Drives the elaboration of epics and features into user stories.
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning meetings and Sprint Reviews as well as Retrospectives within assigned Agile Scrum team.
- Inspects and adapts product backlog each sprint and adjusts course based on customer needs and ROI.
- Supports, champions, and actively contributes to strategy and roadmap.
- Works with cross-divisional leadership to identify and drive critical program gaps.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative cross-functional meetings to support and inform strategy and product roadmap.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years or equivalent experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and delivery.
- Demonstrated competency with new and emerging cross-channel and web-based technologies, applications and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, business case.
- Agile/Scrum team experience.
- Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions progress and influences others to evolve.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer