Senior Product Manager, Product Information Management
Posted Date: Apr-25-2019
Job ID: 14147
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Senior Product Manager, Digital Product Information Management, contributes to REI’s success by leading the definition, development, and deployment of digital product information solutions that empower our customers and deliver value back to REI. This role will deliver digital product information management capabilities to support our Gear and Apparel offering, as well as a vision and roadmap to expand those capabilities to support new services and offerings. This role will monitor trends and emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to connect people to our co-op and create a seamless experience.
This role will leverage experience defining product strategy, driving a roadmap, and collaborating with the creative and technology teams to deliver software. You will monitor trends and emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities can be leveraged to connect people to our Co-op and create a seamless experience. The Senior Product Manager leads high-impact development initiatives and acts as a representative in cross-divisional forums. You will act as a product evangelist to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with leadership and key stakeholders to establish a vision for REI’s Product Information platform
- Creates the product vision and evangelizes for it throughout the organization.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communication with stakeholders and technology partners.
- Assesses the value of opportunities and conducts product discovery.
- Identifies KPIs, sets product performance goals and monitors progress throughout the year.
- Develops a thorough understanding of our customer and how they will use new capabilities, features, or cross-channel services.
- Creates and maintains the product backlog for projects and ongoing programs that supports annual business plans and business goals.
- Prioritizes and sequences product backlog according to business value, user input, and stakeholder needs.
- Drives the elaboration of epics and features into user stories.
- Fills the Product Owner role on a Scrum team.
- Participates in the daily standups, sprint planning meetings, and sprint reviews as well as retrospectives within assigned agile team.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every sprint and has the complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Inspects and adapts product backlog each sprint and adjusts course based on customer needs and ROI.
- Supports, champions, and actively contributes to Digital strategy and roadmap.
- Advocates supports and contributes to ongoing improvement of agile/scrum practice.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative cross-functional meetings to support and inform strategy and product roadmap.
- Partners with 3rd party vendors to ensure they are meeting contractual obligations.
- May supervise other product owners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years or equivalent experience managing large to medium projects with both a business and a technology focus, leading product development and digital strategy.
- Demonstrated competency with new and emerging cross-channel and web-based technologies, applications and trends.
- Agile/Scrum team experience.
- Familiarity with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Experience developing products for a mobile customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Data-driven analytical mindset, using data to make and support decisions.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Obsessed with the customer experience, considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions progress and influences others to evolve.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer