Senior Program Manager, Digital Personalization and UGC
Posted Date: Jul- 6-2021
Job ID: 20621
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Digital Personalization and UGC Sr. Program Manager is a key lead on a fast-growing and opportunity rich area of the digital business. This role is responsible for communicating and driving a strategic vision for Personalization and User Generated Content with stakeholders across Gear and Apparel, Local Experiences, Adventures and Content. This position is accountable to lead and partner with eCommerce and cross-divisional teams to plan, manage, communicate, execute, and analyze all related program efforts on REI.com and REI’s mobile web and app platforms driving relevant delightful digital experiences throughout the customer journey. You must be innovative, naturally question the status quo and enjoy tirelessly advocating for our customers in pursuit of enabling a life outdoors.
This role will drive cross-divisional work, develop governance, and lead innovation for personalization (Rich Relevance) and UGC/Reviews integration. Crafting stakeholder and partner communications that rally excitement and support of the work is paramount to success – you must be able to wield data visualization tactics to tell compelling stories. This role works closely with our Digital Merchandising and Product Management teams leading and developing program strategy and integration across the site using data and analytics to optimize program value.
Experience with RichRelevance, Curalate, or other SAAS personalization or recommendation engine is required.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Responsible for fostering solid relationships and working cross-divisionally in a leadership role to accomplish business goals and objectives mobilizing partners in a unified direction
- Define, manage, execute, and communicate program strategy in support of organizational business objectives, content strategies and annual marketing plans, defining measures of success through clear KPI’s
- Develop governance and oversee documentation of guidelines, establish trainings and shepherd the use of rules and strategy deployment for Digital Merchandising and Site Marketing teams
- Design and deliver on strategies to collect and leverage employee & vendor content that will support our customers’ decision-making process across REI’s digital experiences
- Leverage data-driven customer insights and competitive analysis to uncover, champion and drive powerful and measurable improvements within REI’s digital customer experience related to personalization
- Responsible for researching trending opportunities within the broader eCommerce marketplace identifying opportunities for REI’s UGC and personalization program
- Build testing plans in collaboration with partners that deliver upon program goals
- Own strategy and execution of REI product sampling community for review collection and it’s operation within broader REI community strategy
- Partner with Sales & Customer Support on strategic optimizations to customer experience and internal processes
- Own vendor engagement and advocacy for our UGC and Personalization program
- Highly capable in accessing and validating data efficiently and developing insights that tie to the overall digital business, linking to omni-channel impact
- Ensure data collection implementations within owned and 3rd party tools are in place to support measurement and learning objectives of personalization tools
- Evaluate and evolve program reporting and monitoring tools in partnership with analytics teams, including strategy for enterprise access to data to drive assortment decisions and marketing moments
- Utilize data to tell the story to stakeholders up, down and across the REI enterprise
Qualities that will help you thrive here
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to technical and business issues.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy while working in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Highly competent at providing executive level communication plans to highlight program status, ambition and value
- Energized by keeping up to date on developments, innovations and regulations in the industry, technology and user experience
- Data driven and customer obsessed
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years of digital program management or digital merchandising experience with an eCommerce/multi-channel retailer.
- 5+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology and optimization strategies.
- 3+ years working with web-based SAAS analytical tools, preferably personalization and/or recommendation engines/vendors such as: Test and Target, Adobe Recommendations, Omniture Site Catalyst, Bazzaarvoice or Curalate.
- Working knowledge of query and logic-building principles/languages like SQL preferred.
- Fluent in basic statistics concepts and able to translate business requirements to advanced analytic partners and data scientists preferred.
- Solid experience in data-visualization and story-telling using Excel, Tableau or similar
- Ability to disseminate and present results and recommendations for varied audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all areas of REI and influence others in a collaborative work environment.
- Naturally embraces a high degree of ambiguity and self-manages organizationally while keeping a high standard of quality across all types of deliverables.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer