Senior Program Manager, Membership Innovation
Posted Date: Jun-23-2021
Job ID: 20231
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Sr. Program Manager, Membership Innovation is a strategic thinker with a customer-centric, innovative mindset who can translate data and insights, trends, and gaps into transformational business opportunities for Membership at REI.
Reporting to the Manager, Membership Innovation and working with a broad group of divisional and cross-divisional stakeholders, this position is charged with both exploring new concepts for the membership program, prioritizing the best opportunities, managing a test and learn approach to execution, while staying aligned with the current program and operations.
- Work with research and insights teams to identify learning agendas and platforms to drive stronger understanding of the consumer and identify innovation opportunities
- Analyze market data, category trends, and consumer insights to identify new product white spaces
- Interpret data and synthesize information into meaningful initiative recommendations
- Define and manage program execution processes, including providing clear descriptions of inputs, outputs, and timelines
- Define success metrics for projects and initiatives and track them on a regular basis to ensure that they are moving towards defined goals.
- Coordinate with teams to ensure all required dependencies to launch are executed.
- Manage an on-going test and learn approach (like pilots, prototypes, A/B tests) and reporting communication to stakeholders
- Inspire and engage internal stakeholders on the value of the membership program and members, share membership program knowledge/expertise, and drive alignment and accountability across the Co-op.
- Develop and manage member program resources such as budget, vendors, and partners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in marketing, loyalty or innovation
- Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing or strategy, MBA preferred
- Excellent project management, time management and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple projects quickly
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Highly collaborative and has an affinity for building relationships across teams
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer