Senior Project Manager, Marketing
Posted Date: Aug-14-2018
Job ID: 11649
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by providing strong project leadership and management for a portfolio of digital and print projects that meet strategic objectives, are delivered on time, within scope and approved budget parameters. This position operates with a high level of autonomy and influence in support of Marketing campaigns, promotional events and multiple business program communications where project ownership is often divided among multiple stakeholders. This position requires strong business savvy skills, excellent communication and the ability to use critical thinking skills to problem-solve and mitigate business risk.
The Senior Project Manager acts as the key liaison and communicator between multiple stakeholders both internal and external to REI. This position is responsible for developing and managing all schedules, communications, and deliverables for multiple large and complex projects simultaneously from initial planning stages through concepting, project execution, and final delivery.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong business acumen and a proven ability to lead and influence others from peers to senior leaders. This candidate approaches project obstacles with an entrepreneurial mind and an unwavering can-do attitude that rallies teams to move work forward. This position leads and/or contributes to ongoing business process improvement efforts to drive role clarity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides end-to-end autonomous project management support and leadership for a portfolio of multi-channel, cross-divisional print and digital projects in support of annual Marketing campaigns/events and Business program communication strategies.
- Projects supported are typically large in scope, complexity, and business criticality.
- Ensures up front project requirements are received, and that projects are delivered are on time, meet strategic objectives and fall within approved scope and budget parameters.
- Schedules and facilitates multiple weekly meetings including creative team stand-ups, project kick-offs, creative approvals and issue resolution.
- Works closely with Creative Managers to discuss project status and priorities, resource bandwidth concerns, and preparation for creative approvals.
- Acts as key liaison with third party partners such as the Media Buying Agency, Email Agency, and Creative Agencies in the management and coordination of project timelines, dependencies, deliverables, requirements and issue resolution to ensure project quality and success.
- Develops and maintains oversight of SOW with Creative Agencies. Partners with Creative leaders for scope and budget parameters, and Purchasing/Legal for NDA support.
- Uses excellent business savvy skills to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances.
- Accountable for applying process innovation to project management approach and is able to think differently, using non-traditional methods to move work forward.
- Leads and/or contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Leverages work management tool, “Workfront” daily to:
- Centrally house access to all project requirements, schedules, documentation, and communication.
- Time tracking compliance to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Inform current and future resource capacity concerns.
- Leads and/or provides support relative to tool releases.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in addition to 5+ years demonstrated experience as a Project/Client Manager working within a Marketing/Creative department or agency.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience concurrently managing multiple medium to x-large and more complex cross-divisional, multi-channel print and digital projects in a fast-paced Mktg department
- 5+ years working with creative teams including design, copy, production, and photo/video.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience leading process improvements efforts and implementing innovative solutions to solve business problems
- Extremely organized and highly accountable
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and proven ability to straddle big picture strategy and downstream tactics
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to resolve project issues and reach sound business decisions
- Experience working within a work management tool for schedule building, housing project requirements, communications, and time tracking preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office business applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management principles and methodology
- Skilled and fluent across print, digital, and web environments
- Demonstrates excellence in both written and verbal communications
- Actively participates, collaborates, influences and leads with others on one's own team and cross-divisionally for the achievement of business goals
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile departmental goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer