Senior Recruiter, IT & Digital - 6 Month Limited Term
Posted Date: Apr-12-2021
Job ID: 19847
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This is a six-month limited term employee position (benefits eligible) starting ASAP.
The Senior Recruiter contributes to the success of REI by attracting, sourcing and recruiting diverse pools of top talent for current and future organizational needs. This full- cycle talent acquisition expert acts in a consulting role for the Co-op's Technology and Digital divisions and is responsible for developing sophisticated sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- Consult and advise hiring managers on overall hiring process, job posting creation and effective candidate assessment/interview techniques, offers, etc.
- Market job openings to ensure they are SEO enabled across the internet and target niche sites
- Source talented and diverse candidates through creative recruiting methods which attract and engage both active and passive candidates.
- Screen and interview candidates to assess knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the labor market and share impact on assigned business unit leaders.
- Build strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR Business Partners to ensure hiring requirements are met.
- Create positive applicant experiences through the interview and hiring process
- Maintain applicant tracking system and communicate updates to hiring managers in a timely manner.
- Assist with defining the hiring needs of their assigned divisions by working closely with hiring managers, divisional leadership as well as HR Business Partners.
- Develop key innovative sourcing strategies to keep REI competitive in a thriving market
- Monitor and manage individual performance to metrics.
- Comply and inform hiring leaders of relevant regulations.
- May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of full cycle, professional level recruiting experience strongly preferred with name generation skills, networking/relationship building skills and ability to source candidates from job boards, niche sites, cold calling, etc.
- Proven history of recruiting for a variety of client groups, preferably in the software engineering, digital, and/or product space Consultative and customer service skills are a priority: must be effective and comfortable interacting with employees at all levels
- Able to work independently in a dynamic environment of change, challenge and multiple deadlines/priorities.
- Recruiting experience in a corporate environment.
- Well versed in recruiting technology (applicant tracking, candidate relationship management, social media).
- Solid Microsoft Office knowledge Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer