Senior Recruiter/Sourcer - Limited Term 12mo.
Posted Date: Jul- 9-2019
Job ID: 14908
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Senior Recruiter/Sourcer contributes to the success of REI by attracting, sourcing and recruiting diverse pools of top talent for current and future organizational needs. This job acts in a consulting role and is responsible for developing sophisticated sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- The Senior Recruiter will assist with defining the hiring needs of their assigned divisions by working closely with hiring managers, divisional leadership as well as HR Business Partners.
- Consult and advise hiring managers on overall hiring process, job posting creation and effective candidate assessment/interview techniques, offers, etc.
- Source talented and diverse candidates through creative recruiting methods which attract and engage both active and passive candidates
- Develop key innovative sourcing strategies to keep REI competitive in a thirving market
- Screen and interview candidates to assess knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the labor market and share impact on assigned business unit leaders
- Build strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR Business Partners to ensure hiring requirements are met
- Create positive applicant experiences through the interview and hiring process
- Partner in support of strategic recruiting projects
- Maintain applicant tracking system and communicate updates to hiring managers in a timely manner
- Monitor and manage individual performance to metrics
- Comply and inform hiring leaders of relevant regulations May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of full cycle, professional level recruiting experience strongly preferred with name generation skills, networking/relationship building skills and ability to source candidates from job boards, niche sites, cold calling, etc.
- Proven history of recruiting for a variety of client groups
- Experience in developing sophisticated sourcing strategies using internal applicant tracking systems and Linkedin
- Consultative and customer service skills are a priority: must be effective and comfortable interacting with employees at all levels
- Able to work independently in a dynamic environment of change, challenge and multiple deadlines/priorities.
- Recruiting experience in a corporate environment
- Well versed in recruiting technology (applicant tracking, candidate relationship management, social media)
- Solid Microsoft Office knowledge Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience preferred
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer