Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Posted Date: Oct- 8-2019
Job ID: 15985
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
At REI we help our more than 5.5 million members have amazing outdoor experiences. It’s an exciting time as we’re rapidly changing to better meet our customer’s needs. We’re in the middle of transitioning to a micro-services architecture and migrating our infrastructure to AWS.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Digital Checkout back end team. This team is responsible for the Checkout platform that powers REI.com.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. May lead meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions. Executes tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Leads resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures. Coordinates with vendors for problem resolution and change requests
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet organization’s future needs
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements
- Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
- May act as a source for direction, training and guidance for less experienced departmental staff
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong coding skills and experience with these technologies
- Value DevOps and Continuous Delivery principles
- Experience with CI/CD concepts
- Strong mentorship and coaching skills to help foster great team development and best practices
- A proven track record of working with business partners to communicate a perspective on technical complexity, feature dependencies, impacts and risks
- A desire to learn and grow in your career
- A team player who is invested in collaboration and success for the co-op
- Checkout and Fulfillment experience in a digital retail environment
- Knowledge of architecture best practices or training
- Experience working with Sterling/OMS
- AWS and cloud technologies
- Build tools (Maven, JDK8 & 11, bitbucket)
- Docker containers
- Mongo DB No SQL
- Springboot/Spring Microservices
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer