Senior Software Engineer
Posted Date: Dec- 7-2020
Job ID: 18602
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Engineer within our Shop Service and Customer Local Services teams. The Shop Services team is responsible for the Salesforce Hub tool that enables our GreenVests to service customers in the bike shop with scheduling capabilities, work order management and documentation. The Local Services team is responsible for the Store Pages and Store Locator on REI.com as well as owns the RSA app that powers those pages. Both of these teams also support a number of other omni channel experiences including Online Scheduler, Virtual Outfitting, MyRegistry, Gift Cards, etc.
As one of REI’s Senior Full Stack Engineers, you’ll help design, build and support the next generation Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure services, automation and processes that will power the co-op’s IT systems. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: Amazon AWS IaaS integration, Microsoft Azure PaaS, SaaS, IaaS design/setup, automation/orchestration across the REI Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure.
You'll collaborate in a team oriented dynamic environment with other REI IT Engineers, Architects, and Application Developers to ensure solutions have the ability to scale and flex to meet the co-op’s requirements. You will have support to grow your skills and explore new technologies as we continually evolve our people, process and technologies
Bring your passion and expertise
Core Technology Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Familiar with value added services (Dynamics, etc) Cross-browser and cross-platform design and testing experience
- Proficiency with AJAX, API integration and RESTful services Understanding full stack infrastructure deployments in a hybrid cloud model
- This includes Network layers (LB, GTM, etc.), Security (WAF, IPS), IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Experience creating, troubleshooting and implementing internal and third party APIs
- Experience with DevOps and Full Stack Engineering
- Champion of Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience working on large websites, with many interconnected systems
- Acts as a technical consultant on projects of varying complexity
- Provides technical guidance to ensure installed systems are working effectively and proposed systems will meet organization’s future needs
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on highly complex work tasks or project assignments
- Leads meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions
- Manages tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Formulates systems scope and objectives and resolves highly complex technical issues
- Identifies & provides recommendations and champions system process improvements
- Ensures improvements and/or changes to operations are implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Ability to draft system documentation inclusive of Confluence KBs, technical spec/descriptions, etc
- Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
- A passion for jumping in, learning new stuff, and getting your hands dirty
- Acts as a mentor and source for direction, training and guidance for more Jr Engineers.
- Enjoys sharing information, teaching and mentoring others
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems
- Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management and incident management policies and procedures
- Coordinates problem resolution and change requests with vendors
- Ability and experience to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 support
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer