Senior Sourcing Analyst
Posted Date: Oct-15-2018
Job ID: 12311
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, this position facilitates REI program performance across a broad range of functional areas with an emphasis on operations and vendor management. Vendor management includes oversight of performance and strategy for assigned categories. This includes managing to scorecard metrics to assure on-time delivery of competitively priced, quality products. Owns cost negotiations for assigned departments and collaborates with the cross functional teams to achieve operational excellence.
- Models leadership amongst peers and cross functional teams
- Drives the implementation of company and division programs, procedures, methods and best practices to promote REI key messages
- Create and lead training and development across vendors and internal teams related to accessories, variable oversight models, multiple sourcing models, agile product programs, emerging categories and non-standard processes
- Leads and inspires others to achieve business results
- Owns the development and implementation of seasonal program strategies for respective product categories to ensure effective and efficient product development and procurement based on business needs; enrolls business partners in decision-making process and ensures sourcing strategy and direction are clearly communicated
- Contributes to the strategic direction and priorities of the Supply Operations and cross functional teams
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically and challenge upward strategically
- Ensures vendors understand Coop Brands on-boarding process.
- Effectively manages vendor improvement plan for all scorecard metrics for assigned departments
- Maintains Enovia and other established systems of records
- Strategically manages and communicates seasonal margin performance and costing options to achieve financials goals for assigned departments
- Independently drives a seasonal pre-costing process to ensure initial design concepts are capable of meeting IMU requirements for assigned departments
- Manages cost negotiations with vendors through analysis of department and style-level product cost data, factory price quotes versus product features and components, margin targets and historical margin performance;
- Effectively balances expectations of all cross functional teams and communicates options and results for designated categories.
- Develops and manages vendor sourcing strategy; setting financial thresholds and establishing core competencies for assigned vendors
- Adhere to established costing reporting and processes
- Manages and communicates delivery issues to internal teams and provides options where possible for resolution for assigned departments
- Provides the direction related to any expedited shipments and or penalties for assigned departments
- Owns resolution of PO discrepancies. i.e. price changes, discounts
- Coordinates with logistics when expedited shipping is required
- Drives timeline accountability cross functionally to support production start date
- Monitors and analyzes metrics, statistics, reports, trends, variances and issues to support business needs
- Ensures all vendors consistently meet our sustainability requirements for designated categories
- Act as primary contact for REI Customs and Supply Chain Compliance
- Understand global trade agreements and regulations as part of sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate timely resolution of quality issues related to production and deliveries within REI framework; negotiates financial, operational and strategic resolutions as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Comparable industry experience.
- 6+ years sourcing related experience
- Bachelors degree
- Some travel
- Understanding of the product development sampling and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Understanding of soft/hard goods construction preferred.
- Strong analysis skills: ability to recognize trends and execute adjustments with internal and external partners, capitalizing on both strategic and tactical opportunities.
- Negotiation experience/aptitude preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office and aptitude for mastering proprietary systems. I.E. Enovia, SAP
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of creative, passionate people who love the outdoors. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work to create amazing products and brand experiences exclusively for REI’s customers.
We’re passionate about delivering compelling, meaningful products in the market. Whether it’s heading out for a weekend of backpacking, a long bike ride or just a walk in the rain. We are guided by our values of authenticity, quality, services, respect, integrity and balance. By joining the REI Private Brands team, you have the opportunity to make a difference, be challenged to create excellence and enrich our creative community.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer