Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Domestic Transportation)
Posted Date: Jan- 3-2020
Job ID: 16620
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Supply Chain / Logistics
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This senior level Supply Chain Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing for the development, implementation and execution of the company’s global supply chain strategy from point of manufacture to point of retail sale. This senior level position will work collaboratively within the Global Supply Chain team to provide leadership in review of tactical business processes or systems, ownership and management of one or more business portfolios, assist managers in setting future plans and strategic efforts, identify and action future projects and develop communication pieces that engage and educate the client base. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
The Senior Supply Chain Analyst position is managed by a Supply Chain Manager. Ownership of business portfolio and communication pieces is assumed and work is accomplished with minimal direction. Strong competence is evidenced with the various tools, procedures and programming languages used to accomplish the job. This position should hold prior work experience and education in five or more of the following areas: Transportation Management (across all modes & geographies), Trade & Security Compliance, Forecast and Replenishment methodologies, Manufacture and/or Brand Management Planning, Distribution/ Material Handling, and Retail Store Product Logistics.
- Monitors costs and service level agreements with internal and/or external clients
- Negotiates contracts and service level agreements.
- Develops and facilitates the creation of RFP projects and process
- Schedules and Manages Vendor Account Management activities at least once per quarter.
- Develops and makes changes to strategy or process based upon data analysis and/or process testing
- Assists in the development of new business strategies.
- Identifies and leads future strategic projects
- Compiles and analyzes business data and metrics using Tableau, MS Excel and SQL tools
- Develops and/or refines data collection and analysis tools to measure and manage processes or business metrics
- Delivers verbal and written reports of projects or managed business processes using MS PowerPoint and MS Word to document and present the work content
- Creates reports monthly or bi-weekly
- Delivers input for new systems or process requirements.
- Manages medium to large projects of a more complex nature; often in concert with Manager
- Creates communication pieces to educate and engage partners in project, process or change management efforts.
- Assists junior team members with aspects of their work.
- Leads moderately complex aspects of a project and supports managers in leading more strategic efforts.
- Solves most problems without assistance
Bring your passion and expertise
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Logistics, Distribution, Material Management, and/or Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 7+ years experience in five or more of the following areas of discipline: Transportation Management; Trade & Safety Compliance; Forecast and Replenishment Methodologies; Manufacture or Brand Management Planning; Distribution / Material Handling; Retail Store Product Logistics
- 3+ years experience with contract review and negotiation
- Certification in LEAN, Six Sigma or APICS
- Advanced skills in Microsoft (MS) Excel
- Intermediate skills and experience with Visual Basic Script and/or SQL, SAP, Manhattan Associates (WM), AS400 i-series, Tableau, MS Power Point
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer