Senior Systems Engineer
Posted Date: Aug-31-2018
Job ID: 11503
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Systems Engineer in our Enterprise Telecom and UC space, you’ll be designing, implementing, and supporting key solutions for our business teams and IT staff. You’ll be directly responsible for maturing our existing solutions while also helping to gather requirements to define and implement our next generation solutions based on evolving business priorities. Driving strategies and efforts to deploy centralized telephony solutions for both our Retail and Contact Center businesses beginning in Q1 of 2019 will be a top priority.
You’ll be providing day-to-day oversight and support for our Enterprise voice systems, contact center solution, Skype for Business EV, and videoconferencing environments. Critical aspects of this position also include managing vendor relationships with service providers & technology partners ensuring services are delivered to our customer’s expectations.
You’ll be able to grow your skills and explore new technologies as we continually evolve our people, process and technologies to include improving our overall collaboration footprint across our employee and customer base.
- Monitor operations of enterprise platforms, manage and communicate service escalations, ensure adherence of SLA’s for external contract dependencies are met
- Provide technical support and maintenance for existing and new communication services
- Perform complex tasks relating to telecommunications network operations design, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations
- Responsible for the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of telecommunications network components
- Plan and execute on large scale system projects, upgrades, and remote deployments
- Identify solutions aligning with technology roadmap, provide best practice recommendations for ensuring a cost effective and efficient infrastructure environment is created/maintained
- Serve as a technical specialist for the resolution of complex enterprise solutions and telecommunications network challenges
- Identify support trends and develops plans designed to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrence
- Work on moderate to complex projects as both a project lead and team member
- Perform capacity planning and analysis to ensure telecommunications strategy can support long term growth of data and applications
- Translate and document complex architecture details into comprehensive Visio diagrams
Bring your passion and expertise
- Broad knowledge of Contact Center solutions, telecommunication platforms, unified communications, voice & video conferencing, and voice/network architectures
- Basic understanding of distributed systems architecture and general knowledge of multiple technical disciplines
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of SIP, VOIP networks, network topologies, telecommunications (configuration and connectivity), Voice & Video conferencing services
- Ability to understand and assist in solving telecommunication problems or telecom network infrastructure issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users
- Basic understanding of the enterprise business and business processes; awareness of business unit functions and cross-group dependencies/relationships
- Good judgment and analytically skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
Preferred Knowledge & Skills Elements:
- Avaya CM, Skype for Business, Cisco CUCM, Calabrio, Audiocodes, Aspect, Genesys, Polycom, Carrier Services, Prognosis, Solar Winds, Visio technical
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer