Senior Talent Program Designer
Posted Date: Jun-19-2019
Job ID: 14637
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing leadership and talent development solutions in support of REI’s business strategies. This includes simple to complex solutions to support employee through executive-level development over varying modalities. Solutions will serve to engage and build the capabilities of REI’s workforce. Duties will include all or a subset of these activities: needs assessment, instructional design, development, implementation planning, delivery/facilitation and evaluation. It is critical to model and act in accordance with REI’s values and mission.
- Researches and analyzes best practices in order to recommend culturally relevant approaches. Shares emerging themes with team
- Partners with business leaders, HR Business Partners and other Talent Management team members to determine talent needs that align with and enable REI’s strategic goals
- Analyzes talent and skill gaps and likely causes
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address talent and skill gaps, improve employee performance, give visibility to co-op’s talent pipeline, and develop our talent to deliver on our strategic goals
Design & Development
- Leads the full cycle of project and program management (including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation)
- Applies principles of adult learning to determine the appropriate modality for learning delivery
- Analyzes organizational readiness to optimize user adoption. Thoroughly assesses impact of change to ensure flawless execution
- Ensures solutions are in alignment and integrated with other talent management programs.
Implement & Deliver
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners and business leaders to implement solutions across co-op
- Uses expert facilitation skills to deliver credible and meaningful programs/solutions
- Provides oversight and direction to team/project members involved in execution
- Uses tools and technology, such as learning management system (LMS) to efficiently manage programs and resources.
Evaluate & Maintain
- Designs and implements evaluation processes to assess effectiveness of programs/solutions
- Gathers data to draw conclusions and determine implications to make appropriate adjustments or improvements.
- Uses evaluation data along with research and industry benchmarks to continuously innovate ways to meet employees’ needs.
- Builds and maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with team members
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with executives and internal stakeholders
- Plans and manages project and program resources, such as allocated budget and project team members
- Manages vendors to support development and delivery of content (as needed)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 4-year degree in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Leadership Development or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience and deep expertise in several Talent Management functions including leadership development, change management, performance management, succession planning, organizational development
- 2+ years’ experience facilitating leadership development programs/solutions for broad audiences from employees to executives
- 2+ years’ experience in retail, service industry or branded organization
- Experience in consultation with executives; demonstrated ability to communicate (influence, present data) at executive level
- Project management skills including ability to create project plans and timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows, Adobe Creative Suite, and Articulate eLearning software.
- Experience with learning management system (LMS) administration
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with team and others, inside and outside of REI, to achieve outcomes
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, consulting skills, and sound judgment for solving problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works effectively and efficiently by setting SMART work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to improve.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer