Senior UX Researcher, Customer Platforms
Posted Date: May-29-2021
Job ID: 19695
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe a life outside is a life well-lived. Since 1938, we’ve been your local outdoor co-op, working to help you experience the transformational power of nature. Today, we have 6 million active members and are the largest consumer co-op in the United States.
If you’ve ever been in an REI store, our employees’ ability to connect you with the information, products, and services you need is probably a big reason you like to shop with us. The Customer Platforms team aims to extend that experience to all our customer touchpoints, including the website, app, call centers, and the co-op’s physical locations. We build the tools that allow teams across the co-op to match REI products and services with a customer’s individual context for a relevant, personalized experience every time.
As Senior UX Researcher for the Customer Platforms team, you will support in crafting an outcomes-based experience strategy that helps the team make customer-informed decisions about the tools, products, and services they build. Success in this role means delivering insights that enable the team to make informed decisions that center the needs and desires of customers. You’ll also be educating about human-centered design and customer centricity and helping to translate business objectives into products and services that enable life-changing experiences for our customers. You’ll use strong communication and presentation skills to partner closely with UX designers, product managers and engineers.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in user-experience research or related discipline
- Strong understanding UX research methods and principles
- Experience informing the design of customer-facing experiences by providing data-driven recommendations and customer hypotheses
Bonus Points If You Have
- Previous experience with market research methodologies, personalization programs, or eCommerce
- Previous experience investigating customer perception of personal data management
- Previous experience with emerging platforms like TikTok or trend forecasting consumer behavior change in the personalization and relevancy space
- Previous experience working in agile methodologies
- A degree or equivalent in a related discipline: information architecture, interaction or interface design, human-computer interaction
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer