Senior UX Writer
Posted Date: Dec-27-2018
Job ID: 12883
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Feel good coming to work every day knowing that the work you do is helping to inspire others to get outside. Sound lofty? Perhaps. But here at REI we are determined to share our passion for the outdoors with others and as a Senior UX Writer you’ll play a pivotal role in helping to create human-centered designs that inspire and connect with our users.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for creating UX copy that delights, informs and guides users across our digital properties and will also help build out our UX writing practice and methodologies. You’ll create clarity in ambiguity and find the balance of inspiring and guiding customers through an experience. Passionate about UX and copywriting, you’ll collaborate with designers, researchers, other writers and key business stakeholders to write and test customer focused solutions, all the while maintaining REI’s voice and tone.
- Write copy that is clear, concise, helpful while also maintaining the REI brand voice
- Collaborate and build/maintain strong working relationships with UX/UI designers, researchers, product managers and stakeholders
- Observe and conduct testing with customers and/or employees using A/B testing or other forms of UX testing platforms. Iterate and optimize copy using data from testing results
- Advocate for users while keeping business goals in mind
- Maintain a consistent on-brand experience across REI’s digital properties by adhering to style and format guidelines and other digital standards
- Contribute to development and communication of digital copy standards
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years in UX writing and/or technical writing or copywriting
- Proven ability to write and edit effective marketing and/or digital copy
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, networking, presentation and negotiation skills
- Previous eCommerce copywriting experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer