Senior Video Producer - Media Studio
Posted Date: Feb- 1-2019
Job ID: 13107
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The REI Co-op is looking for a Senior Video Producer who is responsible for managing the creation of original motion content to establish REI as a primary source for outdoor culture, education, news and entertainment. You will partner with internal filmmakers, content creators and external partners to manage production and creative development of video + motion content.
This role requires you to be confident and delighted to wear many different production hats – from line producing to brainstorming new video series and driving program-level work. This is a unique opportunity to flex your creative muscle alongside your steadfast production skills. A solid understanding of the modern digital video landscape and enthusiasm to create serialized video content is a must.
Keeping projects on time and on budget is instinctual and you can seamlessly juggle multiple projects with competing priorities. You can collaborate with creative teams to get fast results, and know how to present solutions clearly to get decisions made. You courageously embrace the unknown with curiosity and positivity and lead projects with resilience and composure.
We’re an eclectic crew of filmmakers that love our jobs and love the outdoors. We spend a lot of time working together outside, which requires us to overcome obstacles that can only be handled with immense respect for each other and clear communication. We love to nerd-out about gear (camera and outdoor!) and brainstorm amazing content we can create to make the outdoors more inclusive for all.
Join the REI Co-op films team and help us share our mission that a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Partners with internal and external creative resources to produce video content
- Develops and contributes to creative solutions to solve video briefs and new concepts
- Partners collaboratively and professionally with studio supervisors, managers and individual contributors to create quality content and best practices
- Seamlessly communicates risks and opportunities to partners and stakeholders with a solutions-oriented approach
- Plans, schedules and resources assigned video projects for the Media Studio, including Digital Retail, Social, Marketing, Private Brands, Adventures and Outdoor Programs, ensuring that project deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Ensures project quality and success through assessing risks, managing change requests that impact scope, resource planning, meeting budget and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Generate, maintain and update multiple individual budgets for each project and proactively identify savings
- Organizes all pre-production, production, and post production documents to ensure all proper paperwork is processed, filed and stored for future needs.
- Obtain, complete and file film permits with any additional needed documents to process and secure necessary permits and secure insurance for video shoots
- Negotiates and secures contracts with independent contractors on behalf of REI based upon existing standards and with approval from Studio Managing Producer and Studio Sr. Mgr.
- Manage, coordinate and assist crew and director on day to day shoot operations ensuring project is completed successfully
- Provides project management, documentation and reporting at appropriate stages of the project, including Media Studio Project Requests, workflow breakdown (task time allocation, resources, cost implications), detailed plans and schedules, project logs, and periodic status reports as needed
- 5+ years of experience as a producer demonstrating high capability in project and process management in a retail or advertising media production environment
- Ability to interact with cross-divisional groups and all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in advertising, marketing, media production project management (or related field)
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation using a proactive, team-oriented approach
- Proficient PC and Mac knowledge: Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to write short scripts and copy for videos as needed
- Experience working with tracking and organization project management systems
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to multi-task with ability to act quickly and responsibly in a fast paced environment,
- Proven leadership skills
- Flexibility with last minute changes in schedules or tasks
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer