Service Desk Technician
Posted Date: Oct-29-2019
Job ID: 16100
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing troubleshooting and technical support services to internal personal computer, network and Internet users. Acts as a first level problem identification and resolution resource. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Responds to end-user requests for troubleshooting hardware, software, network and telecommunications problems.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone calls, voice mail, e-mail and in-person requests.
- Interviews each caller to collect information about problem and leads caller through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Documents incidents using established incident management system for investigating and resolving problems.
- Tracks incidents appropriately in order to facilitate accurate, timely and continuously improving levels of service.
- Acts as a backup to assist other service desk team members with their service requests as needed.
- May act as a mentor for new team members.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years technical/product experience and technical training.
- Experience with Windows operating system-based servers, networked environments, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet.
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices for providing service.
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer systems, including computer hardware, operating systems and peripherals.
- Familiarity with Macintosh computers and operating system.
- Knowledge of local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure components and ability to troubleshoot and collaborate with staff and vendors to resolve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple telephone calls simultaneously.
- May be required to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement.
- Ability to work any shift, including weekends, occasional on-call, holidays and substitutions.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer