Site Operations Specialist, Outlet
Posted Date: Oct-26-2018
Job ID: 12428
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
REI is seeking a candidate with strong project management skills and e-commerce business savvy to manage and optimize REI’s off-price shopping experience, including REI Outlet. This role is responsible for crafting and implementing digital merchandising strategies that support Co-op initiatives. Responsible for digital event execution, performance reporting, issue resolution, and best practices definition and adherence for REI Outlet and REI clearance. Part of an off-price merchandising team that reports to a Sr. Digital Merchandiser, the site ops specialist ultimately aims to help customers shop the off-price assortment.
Success will involve building strong partnerships across teams, identifying and upholding process improvements and optimizing REI Outlet and off-price metrics. The right candidate will possess a passion for e-commerce, analytics, and the customer. This position works closely with the Outlet Merchandising, Merchandise Strategy, Marketing, and Digital Publishing teams. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission. as project manager for Outlet and off-price. Work with digital publishing, digital creative, marketing and merchandising to execute event plans and manage daily site maintenance and seasonal assortment launches under the direction of the Sr. Digital Merchandiser.
- Act as project manager for Outlet and off-price. Work with digital publishing, digital creative, marketing and merchandising to execute event plans and manage daily site maintenance and seasonal assortment launches under the direction of the Sr. Digital Merchandiser.
- Use analytics to provide business insights for Outlet events, off-price assortment presentation, shopping path optimization, site functionality requests, and merchandising tool development. Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs. Standardize digital performance reporting for events and site promotions.
- Daily site maintenance, including management of collections, banners, page assets, navigation, QA of live site assets and answering inquiries from cross-divisional partners as it relates to placements on the site.
- Ensure that Outlet events are executed effectively and efficiently. This includes coordinating inputs from Merchandising, mapping the digital experience, recommending landing experiences for Marketing channels, building product collections, and QA-ing creative & the experience.
- Partner with Merchandising Strategy team to understand the product point of view, stock position and other information that may influence merchandising efforts.
- Continuous oversight of operating practices and procedures determine whether improvements can be made and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions to technical and business issues.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy while working in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Communicates to team and stakeholders site issues & resolution, site calendar updates and process improvements.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in an online retailing environment, omnichannel preferred.
- Project management experience with projects involving multiple teams and disciplines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business.
- Experience in developing, documenting and optimizing processes, involving multiple teams and disciplines.
- Web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology, and optimization strategies.
- Knowledge of key merchandising and marketing business principles specific to eCommerce and/or omnichannel retail.
- Experience with merchandising and analytical tools such as Rich Relevance Recommend, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
- Understanding of and experience with project management tools (ex. JIRA, Confluence).
- Highly motivated, organized, able to balance multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information through a variety of methods and in various situations.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer