Site Operations Specialist, Site Marketing
Posted Date: Mar-22-2019
Job ID: 13860
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Site Operations Specialist, Site Marketing role is key to ensuring a connected customer site experience for REI’s digital marketing efforts. REI is seeking a proactive candidate with e-commerce or digital marketing experience and project management skills to manage and optimize site marketing experiences.
This role develops and executes the support plans for enterprise marketing initiatives on REI’s digital properties. Success will involve building strong partnerships across teams, identifying and upholding process improvements, and testing and learning to optimize digital experiences. Partnerships include working with the Marketing Integration and Channel teams to develop support plans, with Creative and Technical Production to develop and produce effective experiences and with Analytics on data and reporting access to develop and communicate site performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong digital experience planning and project management skills.
- Aptitude and experience working with data tools, such as Tableau and Adobe WorkSpace.
- Experience working with and drawing insights from data and communicating those insights to partners. With significant growth coming from digital experiences, it’s important that our team be comfortable educating and training partners on understanding digital performance and metrics.
- The ability to develop, document and communicate processes to optimize the flow of work, both for individual work, as well as process that span divisions.
- Develop site support plans for and manage execution of Go To Market (GTM) support of co-op initiatives.
- Direct and coordinate collaboration across teams including Digital Creative & Production, Marketing and Merchandising to support Co-op strategies and site experience plans under the direction of the Sr. Digital Merchandiser.
- Support business goals by managing & executing the digital asset creation in coordination with the project timeline. Communicate critical updates to stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and distribute standard performance recaps for marketing activities and site marketing placements.
- Leverage site analytics to provide insights and influence the presentation of product stories, user experience, shopping path, and functionality across the site. Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs.
- Daily site monitoring and maintenance as needed, including managing product collections, banners, page assets, QA of live site assets and answering inquiries from cross-divisional partners as it relates to placements on the site.
- Optimize the customer experience through site merchandising, including ranking product, availability and product presentation where appropriate. Maintain and update the category pages, product merchandising standards, and navigation experience.
- Ensure that marketing support plans are executed effectively and efficiently. This includes coordinating inputs from Marketing & Merchandising, mapping the digital experience, aligning on landing experiences with Marketing Integration and Channel partners, building product collections, and QA-ing creative & the experience.
- Continuous oversight of operating practices and procedures, in order to determine where improvements are needed and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to identify the root cause, analyze the options and work towards solutions that serve the technical and business concerns.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy while working in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Communicates to team and stakeholders site issues & resolution, event calendar updates and process improvements.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in an online retailing environment, Digital Merchandising or Digital Marketing experience preferred
- 2+ years of web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology, and optimization strategies.
- Experience with web-based analytical tools such as Omniture Site Catalyst, Adobe Analysis WorkSpace or similar analytics solution.
- Experience using online search and merchandising solutions to execute online merchandising plans
- Previous experience in the outdoor gear marketplace and ability to capitalize on market trends a plus
- Understanding of merchandising buying process
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Proven ability to operate with transparency, accountability, and urgency to drive results.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Proven capability at developing and communicating strategic plans
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, accountability and a strong desire to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer