Site Operations Specialist, Site Marketing
Posted Date: Jan- 2-2020
Job ID: 16594
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Site Operations Specialist, Site Marketing role is key to ensuring a connected customer experience for REI’s site marketing efforts. REI is seeking a proactive candidate with e-commerce or digital marketing experience and project management skills to manage site marketing experiences.
This role develops, executes and analyzes the digital (site & app) support plans for the rei.com home page, marketing calendar and REI programs. Success will require building strong partnerships across teams, identifying and applying process improvements, and testing and learning to optimize digital experiences.
We have a wide range of programs and services to communicate to our customers on REI.com, and this role is responsible for that broad portfolio of work. Some of the REI programs and services to manage site marketing for include: membership, gift cards, REI Mastercard, shipping, grand openings, garage sales, and strategic brand partnerships.
Key partnerships include working with Marketing Program Managers and Channels to develop support plans, with Digital Creative and Content Publishing teams to produce and launch effective experiences and with Customer Insights & Analytics on data and reporting access to analyze and communicate about site performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong digital acumen and project management skills.
- Aptitude and experience working with data tools, such as Tableau and Adobe WorkSpace.
- Aptitude and experience working with digital merchandising and/or content management tools
- Experience working with and drawing insights from data and communicating those insights to partners. With significant growth coming from digital experiences, it’s important that our team be comfortable educating and training partners on understanding digital performance and metrics.
- The ability to develop, document and communicate processes to optimize the flow of work, both for individual work, as well as process that span divisions.
- Strong collaboration skills, as much of our work, requires alignment and coordination of support across teams.
- Experience with Adobe Target, RichRelevance or other personalization and recommendation engines preferred.
- Develop, execute and monitor site support plans for the Go To Market (GTM) calendar, in support of enterprise Co-op initiatives.
- Ensure that digital support plans are executed effectively and efficiently. This includes coordinating inputs from Marketing & Merchandising, mapping the digital experience, aligning on landing experiences with Marketing Integration and Channel partners, building product collections, managing business rules and QA-ing creative & the experience. Coordinate collaboration across teams including Digital Creative & Production, Marketing and Merchandising to support Co-op strategies and site experience plans under the direction of the Sr. Digital Merchandiser.Support business goals by managing & executing the digital asset creation in coordination with the project timeline. Communicate critical updates to stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and distribute standard performance recaps for marketing activities and site marketing placements.
- Leverage site analytics to provide insights and help influence the presentation of product stories, user experience, shopping path, and functionality across the site.
- Daily site monitoring and maintenance as needed, including managing product collections, banners, page assets, QA of live site assets and answering inquiries from cross-divisional partners as it relates to placements on the site.
- Continuous oversight of operating practices and procedures, in order to determine where improvements are needed and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Comfortable with high degree of autonomy while working in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Communicate to team and stakeholders site issues & resolution, event calendar updates and process improvements.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience of digital marketing or merchandising experience with an eCommerce/multi-channel retailer.
- 2+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology, and optimization strategies.
- 1+ years experience with web-based analytical tools such as Omniture Site Catalyst, Adobe WorkSpace or similar analytics solution.
- 1+ years working with digital content/digital merchandising systems, tools, and architecture
- Proven ability to operate with transparency, accountability, and urgency to drive results.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Proven ability to take a goal to develop and communicate an operating plan
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Naturally embraces a high degree of ambiguity and self-manages organizationally while keeping a high standard of quality across all types of deliverables.
- Ability to process and present results and recommendations for varied audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with a range of teams across REI and influence in a collaborative work environment.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer