Social Media Community Management Specialist
Posted Date: Feb- 1-2019
Job ID: 13225
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
If you have social swagger, a passion for community and an appetite for blazing new social marketing trails – we want to talk to you! We’re looking for a social care specialist who is passionate about the co-op and solving customer issues.
As the Social Media Customer Care Specialist, this role is responsible for supporting a customer care and engagement strategy. This includes detail-oriented processes and exercising excellent judgement and decision quality on a daily basis. This program drives daily customer care, proactive community engagement and issues management with REI members and customers on various social platforms – a strong focus on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
This specialist will contribute to REI's success by consistently mirroring our best-in-class customer service online that our customers expect in our flagship stores. Supports tactic driven community engagement while adhering to our voice of the brand guidelines. The ideal candidate for this role understands the unique nature of an internet conversation. When it’s appropriate to use a gif in a positive customer conversation and when it’s appropriate to have empathy. The role will partner closely with various teams across digital marketing with a focus on issue resolution, paid social, influencers, campaign and brand support.
- Execute community management strategy for the social media program to support REI's business objectives. Areas of focus might include: Integration with marketing campaigns and brand initiatives, REI.com community (including Adventure Projects), driving UGC, authentic presence on each platform, customer service and insights.
- Support internal partners with execution, incident or topic bases recaps, including KPI-based analysis.
- Handle customer service inquiries and ensures best-in-class customer experience, working toward final resolution.
- Participate in issue resolution in partnership with public affairs team.
- Partner with program manager for analyzing program performance, optimizing program with insights and sharing results with stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with customer service partners and support program manager with education to the broader organization on the role community management plays in meeting our business objectives.
- Participate in creative development process with program managers for deliverables which support community engagement.
- Support management of external agency and tool vendor relationships to optimize value for REI.
- Participate in evaluation of partnership opportunities and proposals for strategic relevance and business needs.
- Versed in outdoor industry products, trends and community. Passionate about a life outdoors.
- Social listening skills to asses relevant conversations REI can participate in.
- Reports to Sr. Program Manager, Social Media on the Integrated Marketing team.
Bring your passion and expertise
The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors and is curious about expanding their current knowledge of gear, expertise, experiences and where to go. Daily community management is focused on engaging customers to deepen their relationship with the outdoors – whether it’s getting into a nearby city park or climbing their first 14’er.
We are looking for a contributor who has a proven track record of being nimble, communicates effectively and keeps the customer top priority. This person should be open to working non-traditional hours beyond Monday-Friday, 8-5. This specialist is responsible for being a subject matter expert with the various tools and resources required to execute daily customer care and engagement for the co-op. This specialist will continually model and act in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
- 2-3+ years of experience in social media and community management, preferably representing a national retail brand.
- Type 50+ WPM with minimal errors
- Focused problem solver with the ability to deal with customers (internal and external) in difficult situations. Ability to perform appropriately under stress and with displeased consumers is also necessary.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications.
- Extreme discretion when handling confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to write clear, concise, and accurate messages for a variety of audiences while adhering to an established style.
- Experience in working with external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to give feedback on social toolset/feature development.
- Ability to assess new opportunities and think creatively.
- Ability to produce in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer behavior and applying insights to daily interactions with customers to drive traffic and sales.
- Passionate about social media and its role in connecting with customers to drive business results.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office business applications.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer