Software Engineer - Cloud
Posted Date: Feb-16-2018
Job ID: 10071
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Contribute to REI’s success in inspiring and educating by helping people discover and participate in classes and local events. Come design, build and support the Merchandise and Private Brands road map, tools and Applications that run the engine that power REI’s Retail Stores and Digital.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can help design, develop, implement and support next generation Merchandising and Private Brands software services, automation and processes.
You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: Next Generation Allocation, Next Generation Assortment, code deployment strategies, data integration, Cloud platform including serverless architecture. You'll collaborate in a team oriented, dynamic environment with 3rd party vendors and other REI IT Engineers, Architects, and Application Developers, and our Merchandise business to ensure our IT solutions understand and support all our requirements. You will have support to grow your skills and explore new technologies as we continually evolve our people, process and technologies. This includes learning products like TXT (allocation/assortment), JDA E3 (replenishment), AWS, and helping improve our Merchandise experience.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years IT Engineering experience with large-scale applications
- Strong Coding and Analytical skills
- Experience in developing in Microsoft .Net, SQL Server Stored Procedure, TSQL and RDBMS management office product development (Excel with MS Access) is required
- Experience with one or more of the following coding or scripting languages: PowerShell, Shell, Perl, Python, Java
- Proficiency with database platforms such as Microsoft SQL server, Oracle or MySQL
- Maintain code, configurations, and stability of pre and post production environments
- Closely working with QA team to facilitate testing environment with data validation and application configuration
- Experience in Infrastructure as code
- 2+ years as a team leader in a Retail environment
Technologies you may also use include:
- AWS and cloud technologies
- Kibana (ELK)
- New Relic
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer