Software Engineer Intern
Posted Date: Nov- 1-2019
Job ID: 16081
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for Order Management Intern to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in day-to-day functions of the Order Management department. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to solve real-time business challenges. Under the supervision of your Manager, and as a key member of the Order Management department, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Examples of our Order Management Intern projects may include:
- Drop-ship Program (Vendor inventory fulfillment)
- Vendor inventory fulfillment will enable REI to seamlessly extend product assortments, test and learn into new vendors or categories, enhance financial planning strategies, optimize the supply chain network, and increase brand awareness through online search relevance with little risk or expense.
- Sterling OMS Version 10
- IBM® Order Management Software (IBM OMS), Release 10.0 provides cross-channel order orchestration capabilities that enable the intelligent brokering of orders across many disparate systems, provides a global view of all inventory across the supply chain, and enables users to dynamically make changes to order processes.
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- REI retail stores and market competition
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Development in Java and Angular UI
- Working on cutting edge technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Harness.
Qualifications and expectations:
- Currently majoring in Computer Science
- Coursework completed in some or all of the following areas: Programming languages like Java. Front end technologies, Application Server, and Databases
- Candidates should have a strong aptitude in programming and problem solving.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer