Software Engineering Manager, Merchandising Technology
Posted Date: Jul-23-2018
Job ID: 11507
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As the Software Engineering Manager of Merchandising Technology, you are going to be managing key initiatives for REI that include Allocation, Replenishment, Assortment Planning and Merchant Financial Planning, and playing with the latest merchandising systems. You’ll be in a highly visible role coordinating the efforts of multiple project delivery teams to ensure that +$10M projects land successfully.
You will be managing the delivery process of some of the largest investments in technology that REI will make in the next two years, so if you are targeting roles that truly matter to REI – this is a role you must be in!
- Creates and manage technical roadmaps for current area considering the holistic view of IT roadmaps
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees to achieve department, company, and customer results
- Builds relationships with business partners to ensure business priorities and technology solutions map to organizational strategy
- Contributes to division strategic planning, applying a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems which significantly impact the effective execution of business processes
Bring your passion and expertise
- You establish trust and inspire others while using your business savvy to drive cross-functional projects and activities
- You’ve led teams in implementing large software packages and negotiated contracts and agreements with technology products and service vendors
- You have 3+ years supervisory experience in the information technology field as a manager supporting Merchandise Planning, Assortment Planning, Product Lifecycle and Inventory Management using or integrating with systems such as SAP or Sterling
- We don't expect our managers to code, but ideally, you will have had hands-on software development experience previously in your career
- You have proven financial acumen skills and experience in managing financials/portfolio budgets for large, cross functional IT efforts
- Recent experience designing and architecting cloud-based solutions with an ability to objectively make buy vs. build decisions
- Experience in a modern software delivery organization leveraging microservices, continuous delivery, and cloud
- Experience developing team-level plans and contributing to annual budgets in an agile environment
- Skills in resource management, product/project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation
- Ability to manage customer and vendor relationships and work collaboratively across divisions
- Keeps abreast of technology changes and innovations in the IT field and specifically in the software development or infrastructure engineering field
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer