Solution Architect - Merchandising Technology
Posted Date: Aug-24-2018
Job ID: 11549
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
REI is growing, and our Merchandising and Private Brands technology area is at the center of that transformation. You can become a critical part of REI’s Technology team as you own and drive our software solutions in support of our Merchandising and Co-Op Brands areas.
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for the technical designs that enable the business capabilities for our solutions such as Assortment Planning, Allocation, Merchant Financial Planning and Replenishment. While working in an agile environment, you’ll collaborate with software engineers, business partners, enterprise architects and leadership.
You will be planning for long-range application systems development needs, and in defining required hardware, software and infrastructure to support new and existing systems. In partnership with the Enterprise & Domain Architects, Business Analysts and Application/System owners, you will design system implementation patterns, develop coherent detailed architecture models for the business and/or IT solution.
- Facilitates and coordinate a successful delivery of the transformational solution
- Partners with Domain Architect, Project Manager and Business Analyst in identifying project issues and risks, establishing contingency plans, and identifying triggering events for mitigating action
- Participates in the development of system assurance and user acceptance testing plans, project planning and schedule development
- Partners with Business Analyst to develop project initial impact assessments & business cases for new solutions
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations
- Collaborates with Enterprise & Domain Architects to develop the technology “roadmap” to plan the transition from the current architectural framework to the target architecture of the future and on a wide range of technology projects, including software development, package installation and infrastructure upgrades and changes that may have impact across several technical areas including: processes, software, data, network and systems
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 5+ years systems architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical databases and applications
- Proven experience and availability to develop solution options leveraging current cloud platforms and services such as AWS or Azure. Previous experience specifically with AWS highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of line of technical solutions for line of business supported
- Strong technical skills implementing merchandising systems, such as Oracle, SAP, TXT, in the cloud
- Current knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements in merchandising systems
- Familiarity with on premise, cloud and hybrid deployment models
- Knowledge of all components in a solution architecture
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer