Solutions Architect - Business Intelligence
Posted Date: Nov- 5-2018
Job ID: 12483
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Business Intelligence (BI) at REI is going through a transformation to enable our co-op be a data driven organization. Our team of Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts and Data Scientists use technologies such as Netezza, Snowflake, SAP BW, Azure HDInsights, AWS, Tableau, Business Objects, Python and R to integrate, analyze, and provide meaningful insights through strong visualization. As the Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to design solutions to solve complex data and business problems in Marketing, Digital Retail, Merchandising and Supply Chain. Working in an agile environment, you will collaborate with business partners and architect community.
Bring your passion and expertise
- For BI domain, responsible for maintaining the quality of the solutions and assuring that the solution meets the business owner requirements
- Lead, design and document the solution architecture required to support project deliverables
- Lead, design, and document the conceptual and logical data models, and assist the technical team in the development of the physical models required to support project deliverables
- Working with other Architects, define the overall data warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL process, Operational Data Store, EDW, Data Marts, Data Lakes)
- Working with the BI Domain Architect and other BI Solution Architects, define technical requirements, technical and data architectures for the data warehouse
- Verify the content developed by the technical team during the development phase is compliant with the proposed solution architecture
- Validate and approve the deliverables from the technical team during the development phase
- Collaborate with Domain Architects and Enterprise Architects to develop the technology "roadmap" (Business Initiative Roadmap) for the assigned business, and to plan the transition from the current architectural framework to the target architecture of the future
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 5+ years systems architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical databases and applications
- Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (e.g., ETL, ODS, DBMS, BI)
- Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
- Current knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements in data management
- Familiarity with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) data warehousing concepts
- Familiarity with cloud based data warehouse platforms (Snowflake, Redshift)
- Familiarity with on premise, cloud and hybrid deployment models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for a large retail company is a plus
- Experience with CDP, CRM, DMP technologies is a plus
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer