Solutions Architect, Recommerce (Used Gear)
Posted Date: Oct- 2-2019
Job ID: 15747
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
In Recommerce, we are reducing the number of items going to the landfill by enabling REI customers to sell and buy gently used outdoor gear. Enabling the circular economy provides customers with more options at a lower price point to help them get outside and try new activities!
The Solution Architect contributes to REI’s success by planning for long-range application systems development needs, and in defining required hardware, software and infrastructure to support new and existing systems for a wide range of technology projects in a business area. In partnership with the Enterprise/Domain Architects, Business Analysts and Application/System owners, this role is able to develop coherent detailed architecture models for technology solutions, and will have deep understanding of the relevant business processes and technology practices. The Solution Architect works with the Enterprise/Domain Architects to develop the technology “roadmap” for the assigned business, and to plan the transition from the current architectural framework to the target architecture of the future. You will maximize business value by strengthening our business and IT design practices through partnership, community, structure, and guidance.
- Partner with Domain Architects to establish the solution architecture for the future Recommerce capabilities
- Provide technical leadership to support the evaluation and selection of technology implementations
- Evaluate solution options available via commercial vendors and in-house implementations including tradeoff discussions, impact analysis, and solution estimation
- Resolve issues related to the solution architecture; recommend alternative solutions and corrective actions
- Ensure solution architecture and technology stack comply with REI’s integration standard to support interoperation with other components in the digital ecosystem
- Provide leadership on the solution implementation, partnering with vendor teams and internal engineering teams by introducing best practices and solution design patterns
- Resolve technical roadblocks during implementation by working with engineering and vendor partners
- Partner closely with Domain Architect, Business Analysts, Project Manager and Engineers to deliver desired business capabilities
- Ensure that business-level planning and technology roadmap integrates with corporate strategic roadmap
- Model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission
Bring your passion and expertise
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in, software architecture design, development, implementation and delivery of applications in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years designing application solutions and demonstrated architecture and information modeling proficiency
- Experience of implementing large scale applications using service-oriented, micro service, and/or API based architectures at an enterprise scale
- Experience implementing and integrating commercial solutions
- Knowledge and experience in adopting design patterns in software solutions
- Experience in Retail, eCommerce or consumer facing start-ups or businesses are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with both business and systems processes and an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Experience with partnering and collaborating with external teams
- Exceptional oral & written communications, teaching, facilitation & negotiation, leadership & influencing skills
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer