Solutions Architect – Salesforce
Posted Date: Sep-26-2018
Job ID: 12036
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As a Solutions Architect at the Co-op, you will be accountable for solution architecture scoped to business-transformative projects and will be involved with projects from inception through implementation. It is a critical architecture role in REI’s Retail Technology team and part of REI’s Architecture community focusing on Salesforce Platform. As a key member of the Salesforce initiative, you will use your technical and solution designing expertise to enhance REI’s platform using Salesforce.com by defining and implementing IT application solutions which meets the business requirements. This will include translating the business requirements into well designed solutions, and developing these solutions using best practices by performing evaluations and feasibility reviews of concepts and technology solutions.
- Full-stack hands-on development across multiple technology stacks
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains Salesforce applications system, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Advocates and champions Enterprise Architecture and Domain Architecture recommendations to the project team
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. Lead meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions. Executes tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work.
- Identifies and recommends Salesforce solutions, integration points and related architecture for business usage improvements, scalability and performance
- Develops comprehensive configuration designs and architectural documentation to support the successful implementation of projects
- Ensures the technical design aligns to REI’s overall enterprise infrastructure and is scalable to support future implementations and integrations and can stand up to high volumes
- Comes from a strong technical background and have a strong knowledge of the Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, apex coding, custom objects and batch processes
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Performs fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. May lead resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures.
- Ensures that applications changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet organization’s future needs.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to best practices and development standards
- Have a wide range of technical knowledge and solution strategy expertise and advise on the best technical solutions to stakeholder requirements
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years CRM experience
- 7+ years Salesforce specific architecture and development experience
- Expert level understanding of the full Salesforce product suite including Sales, Service and Communities Cloud
- Understanding of systems architecture and expertise in designing scalable solutions
- Proven experience integrating systems via API’s as well as a strong development background with proven experience in developing high-level architecture design of current and future state solution based on business requirements and value propositions
- Strong understanding of CRM environment management, release management, coding best practices and deployment methodologies
- Experience designing or building Salesforce integrations with 3rd party applications
- Salesforce Developer and Administrator certifications a plus
- Ability to code and architect using APEX, Visual Force, APIs, SOQL, SOSL
- Ability to design SaaS solutions that scale and perform with rock solid reliability, to identify and build-in key application monitoring hooks to allow for optimal management of the solution
- Capable of working with Operations to plan major infrastructure upgrades, to troubleshoot issues and to tune the environment for optimal performance and uptime
- Capable of providing leadership for junior and senior software engineers alike, understands how to leverage and enhance their current skills
- Ability to use and communicate system design patterns and anti-patterns
- Ability to manage solution architecture design to align to business value
- Ability to build solution architecture models using UML.
- Ability to strongly justify the proposed architecture and design in a comparative mode.
- Ability to develop and manage architecture models such as activity models, class models and data models
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer