Posted Date: Apr-22-2021
Job ID: 19787
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
Come work in a highly collaborative team environment, creating customized digital experiences and features for our Digital Business Foundations portfolio including Publishing and Site Experience Management creation!
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to design the technical solutions for next-generation features and functionality of our site and the systems that support it. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: new site experience creation, A/B testing and personalization, new technologies, and architecture optimization.
You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with REI’s business analysts, product owners and stakeholders, other Architects, and various Software Engineers to guide the creation of these features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new technical challenges on the journey towards making REI’s digital experience world class.
In this role you:
- Are responsible for project-level solutions, ensuring the design optimally satisfies needs and expectations for all project stakeholders
- Advocate and champion Enterprise Architecture and Domain Architecture concerns to the project team
- Will be responsible for overall solution quality; security, performance, flexibility, availability, etc
- Act as a liaison between the business and developers
- Are responsible for deciding technologies to use in the solution not already defined by the Domain Architecture and Enterprise Architecture teams
- Will create architecture deliverables such as; non-functional requirements, system diagrams, data models, and traceability matrix to track and monitor the solution from requirements to design to implementation to test cases
- Responsible for defining the technical roadmap for assigned systems
- Assist in building Proofs of Concept for new technologies or code designs
Bring your passion and expertise
- iServer, Visio or another similar architecture repository platform (Draw.io, Balsamiq etc..)
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and platforms, along with how they plug in to other systems.
- Java within the context of an ecommerce development stack.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years systems architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical databases and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of line of technical solutions for line of business supported.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of all components in a solution architecture.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer