Sourcing Analyst - 9 Month Limited Term
Posted Date: Feb-25-2019
Job ID: 13537
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, this position manages REI branded vendor performance to ensure on-time delivery of competitively priced, quality product. The Sourcing Analyst manages vendor on-boarding, and drives vendor performance through metric reporting and analysis, and collaborates with cross-functional teams to achieve operational excellence.
- Supports the implementation of sourcing strategies for respective product categories to ensure effective and efficient product development and procurement based on business needs; enrolls business partners in decision-making process and ensures sourcing strategy and direction are clearly communicated
- Contributes to the strategic direction and priorities of the Sourcing team
- Supports the Sourcing Manager in reporting and analysis
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically and challenge upward strategically
- Ensures vendors understand Co-op Brands on-boarding requirements as defined in REI Vendor Guide and internal standard processes and procedures
- Responsible for vendor onboarding including systems and process.
- Maintains all established systems of records, KPI reporting and sourcing data
- Supports Sourcing team seasonal margin performance and costing work to achieve financials goals for assigned departments
- Supports Sourcing team on seasonal pre-costing process to ensure initial design concepts are capable of meeting IMU requirements
- Creates reports used for negotiations with vendors through analysis of department and style-level product cost data, margin targets and historical margin performance
- Implements change management within costing process. Contributes to cross functional communication and tactics to manage cost changes including surcharges and minimums.
- Monitors and communicates delivery issues to internal teams and provides options where possible for resolution
- Owns resolution of PO discrepancies I.e. Price changes, discounts etc.
- Coordinates with Logistics when expedited shipping is required
- Monitors and communicates timeline deviations to support production start dates
- Performs all required production management execution
- Monitors and analyzes operational statistics, reports, trends, variances and issues to support business needs
- Understands and supports vendor improvement plan for all scorecard metrics
- Supports the Sourcing and Sustainability teams to ensure all vendors meet our sustainability requirements for designated categories
- Stays current on trade agreements and pending trade regulations that may impact the course of our product source decisions
- Works with vendor and Quality team toward timely resolution of quality product issues; supports resolution under the direction of Sourcing and Quality teams.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Comparable industry experience
- 3+ years sourcing related experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Some travel possible
- Understanding of product development, sampling, and manufacturing preferred
- Understanding of soft and hard good construction preferred
- Strong analysis skills: ability to recognize trends and execute adjustments with internal and external partners, capitalizing on both strategic and tactical opportunities
- Negotiation experience/aptitude preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office and aptitude for mastering proprietary systems. I.E. Enovia, SAP
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decision.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of product centric, passionate people who firmly believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work motivated to create amazing gear that enable outdoor experiences for our members.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer