Specialist, Marketing Integration (6 month limited term)
Posted Date: Sep-28-2019
Job ID: 15670
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. When you choose to work at REI, you’re taking a unique path. If you want to leverage your expertise and enthusiasm to contribute to helping get people outdoors and giving back to the outdoor community, there’s no better place to be. As the Marketing Specialist supporting New Business categories (recommerce, rentals and activity centers), you’ll not only leverage your marketing experience to build annual and seasonal marketing plans but will also bring to the table an entrepreneurial ethic to recommend and develop new and innovative opportunities to support these businesses. You’ll use your experience building integrated marketing campaigns to identify the right channel mix, and document these plans within the go-to-market (GTM). You’ll collaborate with the lead Program Manager and business team to prioritize and complete competing projects, with a keen eye toward timeline management, stakeholder communication, and documentation. Your interest in standing up new lines of business excites you, and you see it as an opportunity to continuously learn and grow while driving business results. Your talents – marketing savvy, time management, organization, proactive nature, and more – will help to achieve our business goals and larger social missions.
Key Functions of the Role:
- Supports the development of Recommerce, Rentals & Activity Center marketing including annual marketing planning, Go-To-Market documentation (GTM), and recapping.
- Manages project documentation within the GTM, ensuring stakeholder inputs are clearly captured, accurate, and on-time
- Collaborates cross-functionally to drive work forward, providing the resources and insight stakeholders need to support the work
- Assist Program Manager in contingency planning, leads implementation of offers with marketing channel partners with oversight from Program Manager
- Manages key meeting schedules, note taking, and communication updates
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing communications or relevant field is required. BA in marketing or relevant fields preferred
- 3+ years’ experience and competency in leading and developing integrated marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a deadline and process-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Actively participates and collaborates with others for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
- Establishes trust and inspires others
- Makes effective organization decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer