Specialist, Marketing Integration
Posted Date: Oct-19-2018
Job ID: 12351
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting Vendor Collaboration and assisting with strategic partnerships aligning to annual enterprise strategies. The Specialist supports the Program Manager both internally and externally in communication, building vendor marketing plans and reporting performance of those plans.
Internally, the Specialist supports the Program Manager with cross-divisional and marketing communication and scheduling (merch strategy, merchandising, events, retail ops, digital retail, integration, marketing channels, etc.). The Specialist drives the activation of approved marketing plans, working with internal stakeholders and vendor partners to ensure tactics are executed on time and against established expectations. The Specialist updates and tracks the budget, informing the Program Manager and Manager on billing next steps. The Specialist also assists the Program Manager in internal review meetings and reporting.
Externally, the Specialist supports the Program Manager with vendor communication, scheduling and relationship management. The Specialist aids the Program Manager in the creation of all vendor presentations, plans and pitches. The Specialist is also responsible for creating quarterly performance reports and insights per vendor.
- Support vendor relationships and accounts; executing on active marketing plans (with oversight of Program Manager)
- Support internal communication and scheduling across marketing and cross-divisional teams.
- Support integration of VC programs within activity GTM activity.
- Drive external communication, scheduling, status reports with vendor partners
- Provide quarterly performance reporting and insights to vendor partners.
- Assist in the creation of external vendor presentations (OR included.)
- Manage partner budgets, billing and REI monthly billing reporting and accrual with Program Manager oversight.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing communications or relevant field is required. BA in marketing or relevant fields preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience and competency in leading and developing integrated marketing plans
- 3+ years’ experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a deadline and process-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Actively participates and collaborates with others for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!You'll get to work with vendors who represent some of the top brands in the outdoor industry!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer